Longmont Mediation Services, a volunteer based community mediation program, is dedicated to trans-formative belief that community members themselves can learn to resolve their own conflicts and by doing so foster peace and justice through the practice of mediation.
Looking for a way to resolve a conflict without resorting to litigation or continuing to fight? Mediation is offered by individual community members and neighborhoods to resolve conflicts. Services are available at no cost to those who work or reside in Longmont.
Why is mediation important?Mediation is faster and less expensive than legal proceedings. On average, 90% of all cases that are mediated are resolved. Mediation enables parties to design their own solution that will work for them.
In what area is mediation helpful?
- Neighborhood (noise, pets, property issues, neighbor/neighbor)
- Housing (landlord/tenant, roommate/roommate, mobile home parks, fair housing)
- Parent/Youth (youth, peer relations, school, community)
- Racial/Cross-Cultural Issues (religious, racial, cultural)
- Organization (private non-profit agencies, community groups