Who Needs a Permit?
- Any business designated as a significant industrial user (SIU, including categorical industrial users) whether they discharge or not
- Any business claiming a hazardous waste generator status of Large Quantity Generator (LQG) or Small Quantity Generator (SQG) and discharging process wastes to the sanitary sewer via a stationary holding tank.
- Any business with an RV dump site discharging to the POTW
- Any waste hauler discharging to the POTW
Contact IPP at (303 651-8667) or Email the IP Program.
Annual fee invoices are mailed in January/February
- Permitted Discharges <500 gallons per day =$300.00
- Permitted Discharges 500-25,000 gallons per day =$700.00
- Permitted Discharges >25,000 gallons per day =$1,000.00
Application Fees - due with permit application (every 3 years)
- Discharge permits =$500.00
- Zero discharge permits =$50.00
- One-time discharge letter for permission =$50.00
Surcharge fees may be applicable for discharge with high pollutant loads for BOD, TSS or TKN. Contact IPP for more information
- Selecting Contract Lab Services
- Discharge Permits vs Zero Discharge Permits, cost comparison
- Signatory Officials Defined
- Baseline Monitoring Reports (BMR)
- Self Monitoring Reports (SMR)
- Compliance Schedule Reports
- Reporting Violations
- How to Avoid Significant Non-Compliance (SNC)
- Waste Management Plan (WMP)
- Toxic Organic Management Plan (TOMP)
- Closure Management Plan (CMP)
Contact IPP at (303 651-8667) or Email the IP Program to obtain more information on reporting requirements and best management practices associated with individual discharge permits, zero discharge permits and hauled wastes permits.