A summary of the proposed projects that will be funded with 2016 CDBG/HOME and Affordable Housing funds is provided below. Click here for a complete version of the Boulder County/Broomfield 2016 Action Plan
2016 CDBG Action Plan
The Fiscal Year 2016 Annual Action Plan (Action Plan) represents the second year of the Boulder County/Broomfield County Regional Consortium ("Consortium") Consolidated Plan for the Fiscal Years 2015-2019 (Con Plan) as approved by HUD. The Action Plan is the Consortium's application for U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) entitlement grants and identifies the proposed programs and projects to be funded during Fiscal Year (FY 2016).
The City of Boulder serves as the lead agency of the Consortium and works with a steering group made up of representatives from the City of Boulder ("Boulder"), the City of Longmont ("Longmont"), Boulder County ("County") and City and County of Broomfield ("Broomfield"). The Annual Action Plan identifies how the Consortium proposes to utilize its HOME funds in the upcoming fiscal year to address its community development, housing and public services goals and priorities as described in the Con Plan. Each CDBG entitlement community Boulder, Broomfield and Longmont) also provides information on how it intends to utilize its individual CDBG program funding and the Plan also describes other projects and programs that leverage those funded by CDBG and HOME and further support the Consortium’s goals and priorities as identified in the Con Plan.
The Con Plan
It is important to note that the Con Plan sets goals and strategies to be achieved over the FY 2015-2019 period and identifies a list of funding priorities. The Con Plan goals represent high priority needs for the Consortium and serve as the basis for FY2016 programs and activities identified in the Action Plan. These goals are listed below in no particular order:
- Rental Housing: maintain and produce additional affordable rental housing, particularly for households earning less than 50% of AMI.
- Homeownership Programs: Assist low-income households with rehabilitation and accessibility needs to assure decent, safe and sanitary housing conditions.
- Homebuyer Program: Assist income-eligible households with down payment assistance, first-time homebuyer classes, and budget and financial counseling.
- Homeless Assistance Program: Work with community partners to provide shelter, housing and services to homeless individuals and families.
- Community Investment Program: Assist a variety of entities with different types of projects designed to improve existing conditions that threaten the health or welfare of the community.
2016 Proposed Final Action Plan -- CDBG Funding
Breakdown of Funds Available
| Type of Funding
|| Funding Amount
| Budgeted Funds
| Reallocation Funds from prior years
| Estimated Program Income
| Total Funds Available
Breakdown of Projects Using Funds Available
| Housing Project
|| Funding Amount
| Single Family Housing Rehab
| Emergency Grants
| Accessibility Program
| Mobile Home Repair Program
| Rehab Program Delivery
| BCHA -- Housing Counseling
| Suites Supportive Services
| Suites Renovation
| Other: Administration & Contingencies
| Total Funds