2019 CDBG Action Plan
The Fiscal Year 2019 Annual Action Plan ("Action Plan") represents the fifth and final year of the Boulder County/Broomfield County Regional Consortium ("Consortium") Consolidated Plan ("Con Plan") for the Fiscal years 2015-2019 as approved by HUD. The Action Plan is the Consortium's application for U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) entitlement grants and identifies the proposed programs and projects to be funded during Fiscal Year (FY 2018).
The City of Boulder serves as the lead agency of the Consortium and works with a steering group made up of representatives from the City of Boulder ("Boulder"), the City of Longmont ("Longmont"), Boulder County ("County") and City and County of Broomfield ("Broomfield"). The Annual Action Plan identifies how the Consortium proposes to use its HOME funds in the upcoming fiscal year to address its community development, housing and public services goals and priorities as described in the Con Plan. Each CDBG entitlement community (Boulder, Broomfield, and Longmont) also provides information on how it intends to use its individual CDBG program funding.
The Con Plan
The Con Plan sets goals, strategies, and funding priorities to be achieved over the FY 2015-2019 period. The Con Plan goals represent high-priority needs for the Consortium and serve as the basis for FY2019 programs and activities identified in the Action Plan. These goals are listed below in no particular order:
- Rental Housing: Maintain and produce additional affordable rental housing, particularly for households earning less than 50% of AMI.
- Homeownership Programs: Assist low-income households with rehabilitation and accessibility needs to assure decent, safe, and sanitary housing conditions.
- Homebuyer Program: Assist income-eligible households with down payment assistance, first-time homebuyer classes, and budget and financial counseling.
- Homeless Assistance Program: Work with community partners to provide shelter, housing, and services to homeless individuals and families.
- Community Investment Programs: Assist the organization with projects that improve existing conditions that threaten the health and welfare of the community.
2019 Proposed Final Action Plan -- CDBG Funding
Total Funds Breakdown
| Type of Funds
|| Amount of Funding
| Budgeted Funds
| Reallocation Funds from prior years
| Estimated Program Income
| Total Funds Available
Project Breakdown Using CDBG Funds
| Housing Project
|| Funding Amount
| Rehab Programs
| BCHA -- Housing Counseling
| Rehab of Affordable Housing -- 1901 Terry Street
| Homeless Deposit Assistance Program
| Planning and preparation of the 2020-2024 Con Plan
| Other: Administration & Contingencies
| Total Funds