The Longmont Public Library serves our community by providing equal access to information and resources for education, enrichment, enlightenment and enjoyment.
Use the Links Below to Jump Down to the Information You Need
- Location and Contact Information
- Hours and Holiday Closures
- Getting a Library Card and Borrowing Policies
- Lost and Abandoned Items
- Annual Reports
409 4th Ave.
Longmont, Colorado 80501
The Creation Station is located just around the corner from the Library, at 519 Fourth Ave. Some Library programs are held at the Creation Station.
Monday through Thursday 10 am to 9 pm
Friday and Saturday 9 am to 5 pm
Sunday 1 to 5 pm
2019 Holiday Closures
|New Year's Day
Tuesday, January 1
|Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (observed)
||Monday, January 21
|Presidents Day||Monday, February 18
|Easter||Sunday, April 21
|Memorial Day Weekend||Saturday-Sunday-Monday, May 25, 26, 27|
Thursday, July 4
|Labor Day Weekend||Saturday-Sunday-Monday, August 31, September 1, 2|
||Monday, November 11|
Close at 5 pm Wednesday, November 27
Closed Thursday, November 28
Closed Friday, November 29
Close at 5 pm Tuesday, December 24
Wednesday, December 25
|New Year's Day, 2020
Close at 5 pm Tuesday, December 31
Wednesday, January 1, 2020
- Outside: The Library has one outside, drive-up book-drop and one walk-up mailbox-style book-drop. Both are located on the east side of the library off of Emery Street.
- Inside: At the Library's Circulation Desk. Returning items to the indoor drop reduces damage.
We've got a whole page devoted to that! Head over there and if you still have questions, give us a call at 303-651-8476.
There is two-hour surface and street parking on the east, west and north sides of the library. A small number of two-hour underground parking spaces are available in the public parking lot located under the Library and accessible from Emery St. on the Library's east side.
The Library has a Lost and Abandoned Items area located at the Security Desk. If we are able to identify the owner of the lost or abandoned item (e.g. wallet, keys, etc.), we contact the patron and hold the item for them at the Security Desk. Unidentified items are kept for 30 days and then donated to local shelters.
Under the City's policy governing behavior at City facilities, the Library is required to keep a current list of all items that have been abandoned or found on Library property. See the current Library Lost & Abandoned Items List.
The Library Advisory Board publishes an annual report each year. Reports from some previous years are available below. For older reports, please contact us by email or by calling 303-651-8795.
- 2017 Longmont Library Annual Report
- 2016 Longmont Library Annual Report
- 2015 Longmont Library Annual Report
- 2014 Longmont Library Annual Report
- 2013 Longmont Library Annual Report
- 2012 Longmont Library Annual Report