It happens to everybody. You kept that thriller a few days longer because you just had to find out whodunit... You put the DVD into the player, and the baby added peanut butter... Your dog couldn't resist the cooking smells in the cookbook you borrowed...
We've all been there.
- For most items, 10¢ per day per item
- DVDs are 50¢ per day per item
- Experience and Well-being Bags, Books in Bag, Youth Experience Bags, Storytime Kits, and Junior and Teen Book Club Kits are $1 per day per item.
- Items in the Library of Things collection will accrue a $20.00 dollar late fee for each day it remains overdue up to 7 days in which case it will be considered lost, and the patron will be charged the replacement fee. On the 14th day after the item's due date, a police report may be filed.
- Maximum overdue fines are $5 per item for most regular materials, $2 for a few others (like paperbacks and magazines).
- Above $10, no more items may be checked out on an account.
- At or above $25, the debt may be turned over to a collection agency and a $10 fee added to the account. If no action regarding this fine is taken for six months, credit may be adversely affected (and nobody wants that!). Collection services are used as an absolute last resort, and we will always do our best to work with patrons to resolve any fine issues.
- 60 days after an item is due and has not been returned, it is deemed lost and a replacement fee is charged to the patron's account. If an item which has been paid for is later found, no refunds can be issued, but the item becomes the property of the patron who paid the replacement fee.
When it's time to pay for that overdue thriller, destroyed DVD, or munched-on cookbook, we offer several ways to settle things up:
Our online fine payment system is currently down and will not be operational until March 23 at the earliest. This problem was beyond our control, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
Are you getting this error when you try to pay your fines online?
ERROR: "This page can't be displayed"
Please read our page which provides an explanation of this error message and describes what you can do to fix the problem and pay your fines.
- In cash or by check at the Library’s Circulation Desk in the lobby.
- Checks only; please do not send cash through the mail.
Longmont Public Library
Attention: Circulation Manager
409 Fourth Ave.
Longmont, CO 80501
Still Have Questions?
- Phone (303) 651-8476 or email us. We're here to help!