Have a book group or thinking about starting one? The Library has done all the legwork for you! Use our Books in a Bag program to jump start organizing your book group. These Books in a Bag are also called "book kits" in the Library catalog and by staff members.
- Books in a Bag is a collection of approximately 80 titles.
- Each Books in a Bag kit contains 10 copies of the book, plus a notebook containing discussion questions, an author biography, a sign out sheet, and summaries of the other book kits in the collection.
- Books in a Bag check out for six weeks.
- Browse our List of Books in a Bag titles, complete with summaries and links to our catalog.
- Be sure to read our Books in a Bag Policies.
Still don’t see anything that grabs you? Additional Bags are available through the Colorado State Library Book Bag program:
The Books in a Bag program at the Longmont Library is generously funded by the Friends of the Longmont Public Library.
Books Packs for Teens!
So you're a teen with a book club? We've got you covered! We've done all the work for you with our cool Book Packs collection. With lots of great titles, our Books Packs come with 10 copies of the book, a discussion guide, and an extended check-out period of 6 weeks. Take a look at all the title options and let us know if we can help. One of the best parts about reading a cool book is having friends to share it with. So read on and have fun!
Experience Bags: A Whole New Library ExperienceThis fun collection consists of canvas bags stuffed full of books, movies, and games related to various television or movie series or exotic destinations. Rather than simply reading books or watching a movie series, Experience Bags provide a whole different level of engagement. Click the button to learn more about this unique collection!