NOTICE Re: Prospector Service
Prospector is available WITHIN the main catalog. You do not need to access a separate account to search for items via Prospector.
Prospector is a central catalog for more than 40 public, academic, and special libraries in Colorado, Wyoming, and Missouri. The system includes books, eBooks, journals, movies, music, government documents and many other items. With this system, Library cardholders may request all lendable items from any partner library with quick delivery to the Longmont Library at no special cost.
Access Prospector Now in the Main Catalog:
- Do a regular catalog search by entering your information (keyword, title, etc.) in the search bar at the top of the page.
- If the item you are searching for is not available in our catalog, you can find the Prospector link by scrolling down the page and clicking or tapping the "See all Results in Prospector" button.
Still Can't Find What You're Looking for? Try Interlibrary Loan!
The Interlibrary Loan service allows Library cardholders to borrow items from libraries nationwide.
What is available?
- Books, audiobooks, periodical articles, and some newspapers on microfilm.
- Some libraries will lend CDs and DVDs.
- Census data on microform can be obtained for a prepaid fee.
How does it work?
Read our brief Interlibrary Loan Policy for all the details.
Place a request online:
- Request for Book
- Request for Media
- Request for Journal Article/Photocopy
- Request for Microfilm/Microfiche
Place a request by phone:
- Adult Reference Services, 303-651-8472 or 303-651-8473
- Children's and Teens' Services, 303-651-8477
Have a Suggestion for a New Item at the Library?
If you don't find what you're looking for in the Library catalog, through Prospector, or through InterLibrary Loan (ILL), let us know and maybe we'll be able to purchase the item and add it to our collection!