Are You New to Using eBooks, eAudiobooks, and eMagazines?
Don't worry, before you know it, you'll be swiping pages of your new favorite book! We have lots of resources to help you get comfortable with your eReader device or app, and we have thousands of eBooks, eAudiobooks, and eMagazines just waiting for you. It's completely free -- all you need is your library card. So, let's get started!
Accessing and Using eBooks Through Your Library
The Longmont Public Library has partnered with other local libraries to offer downloadable eBooks, eAudiobooks, and eMagazines. By pooling our resources together, we can offer access to the premier premium services for eBooks, eAudiobooks, and eMagazines, Overdrive (through the Libby app) and RBDigital, to our library patrons free of charge.
So what's the difference between Overdrive (through the Libby app) and Rbdigital?
Overdrive and RBdigital are similar in many ways, but different in a few important ones.
Overdrive (through the Libby app):
- Larger selection of eBooks, especially current or popular titles.
- Limited number of copies per title; option to join a waitlist and be notified when title has become available and/or downloaded to your device.
- Similar selection of audiobooks, but again with limited number of copies per title and the waitlist option.
- No magazines.
- Don't like waitlists? Consider reading a favorite author's "back catalog," or previous titles. Those books are frequently more available than current bestsellers.
- Best for: Readers who prefer current bestsellers and don't mind waiting.
- Large selection of audiobooks and magazines; eBooks mostly limited to classic titles. All can be accessed and downloaded through single account or app.
- Unlimited copies per title, so no waitlists or holds necessary.
- Easy to use app for mobile devices.
- Formerly known as OneClickDigital and Zinio for Magazines.
- Best for: Readers who prefer audiobooks and magazines and those looking for classic eBooks.
Need more help? Stop the 2nd Floor Information Desk, call (303) 651-8472, or email our librarians.
Printable Instructions for RBdigital
Prefer visual learning? Watch this short video about RBditigal:
Considering downloading the app for your tablet or smartphone? Watch this short video about using the RBdigital app to access all RBdigital services at once: