During the COVID-19 public health crisis, the Library has moved to offering exclusively online programming. Live programming will resume when the public health threat passes.
Please check our Storytimes page for online storytimes and our homepage for more virtual programs or see our online calendar. Also, stop by our Mom, I'm bored! page for fun ideas to stay busy, moving, and sane while at home.
Important Notices Regarding Our Programs and Events:
- It's always a good idea to check our Calendar for last-minute changes or cancellations.
- Visit our Children's Storytimes page to see all our great storytime offerings!
- Summer Reading Programs are about reading and earning prizes -- summer activities and programs are separate from the reading programs and do not require participation in the reading programs.
- Comuníquese con Valerie al 303-651-8783 para información en español.
- These programs are generously funded by the Friends of the Longmont Library.
Online Programs for Children
- Thursdays in June and July on Facebook and Twitter
- Get creative with us this Summer through our weekly "Crafternoon" Challenge.
- Every Thursday in June and July look for a new craft activity, geared towards kids of all ages.
- Follow our instructions or be inspired to create something of your own.
- Crafts designed to be completed with accessible materials.
- Don't have materials at home? Look out for our weekly take-home craft kits available for pick-up starting June 8th at the Library's curbside pick-up. While supplies last.
- Document your Crafternoon creations by sending us a photo of your art through Facebook or email us.
Kids Virtual Variety Hour
- Saturdays in June and July, 1 to 2 pm, via Webex
- Join us Saturdays in June and July for a kids-only Virtual Variety Hour on Webex!
- Each week we will offer a different interactive activity- games, art tutorials, crafts, book talks, etc.
- This program is designed for those entering 3rd through 5th grades to connect with friends and have some fun this Summer.
- Librarian Kathleen and David look forward to seeing you soon!
- Registration is required and will open on Saturday, May 30 at 10 am. Just register and you'll receive instructions via email to connect to the Webex meeting. You may register for one or more sessions at a time.
Virtual Rainbow Storytime
- Monday, June 22, 6 to7 pm, on Facebook and Twitter (Add to Calendar)
- Families are invited to a special Rainbow Storytime in celebration of National LGBTQ+ Pride Month and Longmont Pride Week.
- Enjoy stories, rhymes, and fun while celebrating diversity and inclusion of all kinds of people and families!
- All families are invited, but the program is best for those with children aged toddler through elementary school.
- A book list of great reading suggestions will also be available.
- Part of the Diversity Storytime series.