Teen Volunteer Program - Summer 2018
Looking for volunteering opportunities? Have NHS, IB or school credits that you need to complete? We have lots of great options for teens who want to give something back to their communities, and we really appreciate our teen volunteers.
- Our Summer Volunteer Program runs from Monday, June 4 through Friday, August 3, 2018.
- Interested teens may submit applications between March 19 and May 14.
- All prospective volunteers must complete and submit an application by Monday, May 14 at 9 pm to be considered.
- Volunteers must be 14- to 17-years-old.
- Volunteers must be consistently available from June 4 to August 3 in order to be considered for volunteer openings.
- Volunteer shifts are two hours long, and volunteers may not exceed three shifts per week.
- Only 20 volunteer positions are available in the Children's and Teens Services area for this summer. Candidates must complete a volunteer application AND interview with Claire. Once accepted, volunteers will be notified by May 30 and must attend a Volunteer Orientation program on Thursday, May 31 from 2 to 3 pm or 7 to 8 pm, or on Friday, June 1, from 2 to 3 pm.
- Summer Volunteer Positions:
- General Volunteering: Shelve books, CDs, and magazines; help create teen booklists for suggested reading; write book reviews; straighten and clean up in the Children's and Teens areas.
- Program Assistant: Assist librarians with special summer events, such as Maker Mondays, Thursday Concerts, Friday Films, and other events. Help set up, clean up, and staff these events.
- Complete information is available on both the online and printable application. Please read it carefully before signing.
- Three ways to apply! Apply online here, download and print out our volunteer application, or stop by the Children's and Teens Info Desk.
- For more information, please email or call 303-651-8477 and ask for Claire.