Utility Billing is responsible for maintaining positive customer relations during connection, disconnection, billing and payment collections of utility services.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT UTILITY BILLING ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER CHANGES: When you update your billing address and phone numbers through the Utility Bill Pay website your information does not update our main Utility Billing System. Please call 303-651-8664 during normal business hours with your utility billing account information so that we can make sure that we have your correct mailing address and phone number to contact you regarding city services.
Financial assistance with utility payments
Boulder County residents can request help with paying utility bills. Click here to see list of agencies offering assistance.
Discount for residential life support
Residential customers who require medical life support equipment in their homes receive a 20% Life Support Discount:
- You must be an LPC residential customer
- The discount applies to the first 750 kWh of electricity used
- Customers are required to complete an application, which includes certification from a licensed physician, every calendar year
- Click here to download the Residential Life Support application
Discount for low-income senior and disabled
A $4 monthly discount on electric bills for qualifying low-income senior and low-income disabled customers reduces the impact of rising electricity costs. To be eligible for the discount you must:
- Be an LPC electric customer
- Have filed Form 104PTC with the Colorado Division of Revenue and been approved
- Reapply with the Colorado Department of Revenue and the City of Longmont every calendar year
- Access a printable application, which includes instructions for receiving the discount.
- Click here to download the Low-income Senior or Low-income Disabled application