A NextLight Guide to Cutting the Cord
Cord Cutting refers to eliminating your cable or satellite subscription in favor of a more personalized, less expensive watching experience.
So what do you get by canceling cable?
- You save money – try this handy cut the cord calculator to see how much you could save!
- You get to pick and choose what services you want to subscribe to. Click here for an overview of the best live TV Streaming Services.
Getting rid of cable does not mean losing the programming you love.
NextLight will help you reach a cable-free lifestyle before you know it!
- Get the right Internet service. Many of the issues people come across when cutting the cord stem from the speed of their internet service. With NextLight, you won't have to worry about compromising speed or price. NextLight is community-owned, has some of the lowest prices in the nation, and the FASTEST speed in the country, allowing you to enjoy the worry-free, cord-free lifestyle!
- Buy an HDTV antenna. All major stores sell TV antennas, which can cost as little as $20 and are much more compact and effective than the “rabbit ears” of the past. The majority of the top shows on TV can be viewed free over the air, along with local newscasts and even the Broncos game! Modern digital TV antennas are sleek and easy to hide, with great picture quality.
- Choose a Streaming Device. This allows you to watch content right over your NextLight internet service. Just connect your new device to your router - either with an HDMI/Ethernet cable or wirelessly - and you’re on your way! For a Streaming Device Buying guide and to learn more about set-up, click here.
- Add streaming services. Add the streaming services that actually provide the shows you like. Check out this simple breakdown of the Best Video Streaming Services and find the one that is right for you.