Self Help - Forms

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

These standard instructions and forms are for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice about your case.  If you choose to represent yourself, you are bound by the same rules and procedures as an attorney.

City of Longmont Forms - General

Advisement of Rights

Advisement of Rights - Spanish

Blank Motion and Draft Order

Entry of Appearance - Attorney

Demand for Jury Trial

Request for Discovery


Useful Public Service

The Longmont Judicial Department, including both the Municipal Court and Probation Office, will accept Useful Public Service (sometimes referred to as "Community Service") from any non-profit organization or governmental entity.  If you have any questions about whether your selected non-profit organization or governmental entity would be appropriate for Useful Public Service, please contact staff from the Municipal Court or Probation Office

Useful Public Service Log - Timesheet

Longmont Useful Public Service Providers


Colorado Municipal Courts

The Colorado Municipal Courts has created a list of self-help forms and instructions for matters that come specifically before the municipal courts.  Below is a link to those forms and instructions.

Colorado Municipal Courts -


Court Appointed Counsel

To apply for court appointed counsel, you need to fill out a Court Appointed Counsel Application and submit proof of income, or lack of income, for your household.  Applications and supporting documents should be filed with the Longmont Municipal Court as soon as possible to ensure proper preparation and legal representation. 

Failure to submit the required Court Appointed Counsel application and supporting documents in a complete and timely manner may result in the denial of court appointed counsel. 

Court Appointed Counsel Application

2018 Federal Income Guidelines

CJD 04-04 Appointment of State-Funded Counsel in Criminal and Contempt of Court Cases


Sealing of Records - Expungement of Records

Any person in interest (party to the case) may petition the Court to seal records by filing a Petition to Seal Records in in which any arrest or criminal record is filed. To seal a record requires that either: 1. the terms of a deferred prosecution, deferred sentence, or conditional motion to dismiss have been successfully completed; 2. conviction was entered by the court for the charge of Minor in Possession of Alcohol and/or Marijuana and the defendant has not been arrested for, charged with, or convicted of any felony, misdemeanor, petty offense, or municipal ordinance violation during the period of one year following the date of conviction; 3.  the case was dismissed by the prosecution; or 4. the defendant was found not guilty at trial.  There is an administrative cost of $65 to seal records. 

Petition to Seal and Draft Order to Seal

Draft Order to Seal Criminal Justice Records

Under the Colorado Children’s Code, a person may request their juvenile record be expunged (sealed from public access) by filing a Petition for Expungement of Records in which any arrest or criminal record is filed.

Advisement on Rights to Expunge Criminal Records

Petition to Expunge Juvenile Records

Draft Order of Expungement of Criminal Records

Additional forms to seal and expunge records may be located on the websites of the Colorado Municipal Courts and the Colorado Judicial Branch.


Colorado Judicial Branch

The Colorado Judicial Branch has created an extensive list of forms and instructions for criminal and civil actions.  Below is a link to those forms and instructions.

Colorado Judicial Branch - Self Help/Forms


If you would like to provide comments about this site, please contact us for assistance.  Please note - By law, we cannot provide legal advice.  Should you need additional assistance or forms that are not provided on this site, you may wish to consult an attorney.

View Full Site