License & Permit Required
A Colorado Parks & Wildlife fishing license is required at all City of Longmont fishing areas. An additional, special permit from the City of Longmont is required at Ralph Price Reservoir inside Button Rock Preserve. See details below on cost and purchase options.
2019 Ralph Price Reservoir Fishing Permits
- Available for purchase: Monday, April 1 - October 31, 2019 or until sold out
- sold in Longmont and Lyons (see chart below for addresses)
- sales begin at 8 a.m. on April 1, 2019
- Fishing season: May 1 - October 31
- Cost per permit: $20.00 Longmont/Lyons water utility customer; $30.00 non-Longmont/Lyons water utility customer
- Quantity available: 600 (500 in Longmont,100 in Lyons)
Single Day Permit
- Available for purchase: Saturday, June 1 - September 30, 2019 or until sold out
- sold ONLY in Longmont
- sales begin at 8 a.m. on June 1, 2019
- Fishing season: June 1 - September 30
- Cost per permit: $10.00
- Quantity available: 100
| Roosevelt Park Memorial Building
||Lyons Town Hall|
| 700 Longs Peak Ave., Longmont, CO 80501
|| 432 5th Avenue, Lyons, CO 80540
| Payment Accepted: Cash/Check/Credit Card
|| Payment Accepted: Cash/Check
Anglers may purchase up to four Ralph Price Reservoir fishing permits (annual or daily), but must present a current, valid Colorado Parks & Wildlife fishing license for each permit purchased; no photocopies or online receipts will be accepted.
Youth 15 years or under may fish at Ralph Price Reservoir without a City of Longmont permit provided they are accompanied by a valid, Ralph Price Reservoir fishing permit holder.
No fishing permit sales from August 5 - 11, 2019 because the Memorial Building will be closed for cleaning.
Colorado Parks & Wildlife Regulations for Ralph Price Reservoir
- Possession and bag limit for trout shall be two trout.
- Tackle restricted to artificial flies and lures only.
- Fishing is prohibited from November 1 through April 30 each year.
- Boating and all floating devices are prohibited.
- Bow and spear fishing is prohibited.
- Fishing shall be prohibited on the dam and around the reservoir as posted.
- All Tiger Muskies less than 36 inches must be returned to the water immediately.
Visit the Button Rock Preserve webpage to see general preserve rules and regulations.
If you have additional questions, please contact Parks,Open Space & Trails.