Annual Ralph Price Fishing Permits Sold Out, Single Day Passes Available
The 2020 Ralph Price Reservoir Annual Fishing Permits have sold out.
Ralph Price Reservoir, Longmont’s primary water supply located two miles within Button Rock Preserve, is open for fishing by permit only from May 1 - October 31.
License & Permit Required
A Colorado Parks & Wildlife fishing license is required at all City of Longmont fishing areas. An additional, special permit from the City of Longmont is required at Ralph Price Reservoir inside Button Rock Preserve. See details below on cost and purchase options.
2020 Ralph Price Reservoir Fishing Permits
Annual Permit - SOLD OUT FOR 2020 SEASON
- Fishing season: May 1 - October 31
- Cost per permit:
- $20.00 Longmont/Lyons water utility customer;
- $30.00 non-Longmont/Lyons water utility customer
- Quantity available: 600
Single Day Permit
- Fishing season: June 1 - September 30
- Cost per permit: $10.00
- Quantity available: 100
Anglers may purchase up to four Ralph Price Reservoir fishing permits (annual or daily), but must present a current, valid Colorado Parks & Wildlife fishing license for each permit purchased; no photocopies or online receipts will be accepted.
Youth 15 years or younger may fish at Ralph Price Reservoir without a City of Longmont permit provided they are accompanied by a valid, Ralph Price Reservoir fishing permit holder.
Colorado Parks & Wildlife Regulations for Ralph Price Reservoir
- Possession and bag limit for trout shall be two trout.
- Tackle restricted to artificial flies and lures only.
- Fishing is prohibited from November 1 through April 30 each year.
- Boating and all floating devices are prohibited.
- Bow and spear fishing is prohibited.
- Fishing shall be prohibited on the dam and around the reservoir as posted.
- All Tiger Muskies less than 36 inches must be returned to the water immediately.
Visit the Button Rock Preserve webpage to see general preserve rules and regulations.
If you have additional questions, please contact Parks, Open Space & Trails.