The Park & Greenway Maintenance Fee is a special service fee for the maintenance, operation, repair, and renewal of city-owned parks, greenways and pools.
How the Fee Is Used
- The fee supports maintenance, operations, repair and replacement of playgrounds, sport courts, sport fields, pool facilities, park and greenway buildings and facilities, including restrooms, shelters and pump stations, and landscaping located in City parks and greenways.
- General maintenance services include cleaning, inspections, snow removal, turf and vegetation management, irrigation servicing and minor repairs, including minor repairs to buildings and facilities.
- Larger repairs and replacements for parks, greenways and pools are identified in the City's capital improvement plan. You can also find information through the Park & Trail Development webpages.
- Additionally, the fee will be used to repair and replace park, greenway and pool facilities and amenities damaged in the 2013 flood.
- The fee is not used to collect more than is necessary to fund such maintenance and services.
Ensuring that the City's parks, greenways and pools remain clean and safe for all scheduled and unscheduled activities is critical to safeguard the health, safety, and welfare of users.
The fee is billed, collected, and enforced as part of your City utility bill.
*The amount of the fee shall be $2.00 per feepayer per month, commencing the year 2017 and continuing thereafter.
These amounts represent the portion of total park and greenway maintenance, repair, operation and renewal costs to be borne by the fee, as determined by the City Council, divided by the total number of feepayer accounts within the City.
For more details about the Park & Greenway Maintenance Fee, view the Municipal Code Chapter 14.50 >