City of Longmont parks, open spaces and trails/greenways are subject to ordinances outlined within the City's municipal code. Chapter 13.20 - Public Lands provides details on regulations, violations and enforcement. The Public Lands Map is available to help define areas referenced within the ordinances.
Two ways to view the Public Lands map:
Public Lands Map - web-based, responsive
Public Lands Map - PDF
If you have questions about public land rules or regulations, please contact Parks, Open Space & Trails.
Hours of Use
Neighborhood and Community Parks are open 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., seven days a week.
Nature Areas, Greenways, and Dog Parks are open one hour before sunrise and one hour after sunset, seven days a week, except as otherwise posted.
View our Classification of Parks webpage to confirm facility type > (neighborhood/community/nature area/dog park)
- Fishing is allowed at Union Reservoir Nature Area while the area is otherwise closed only if you have a state of Colorado fishing license and have paid the entry fee.
- Where a greenway trail extends through a public land, that public land's hours apply for any off trail use. Continuous movement through a park, nature area, or greenway on the designated greenway trail surface is allowed at all times.
- Where camping is allowed with a valid permit, persons without a camping permit cannot enter or remain on the public land when closed.
- The parking lot at Button Rock Preserve is open from 3:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m, seven days a week. It is unlawful to leave a vehicle in this parking lot outside these hours.
- Undeveloped lands slated for future public land development, and undeveloped portions of public lands, as shown on the public lands map, are open to the public during the corresponding hours described above, except as posted.
- The City may modify the above hours of public use, for the protection of health, safety, or public land resources, by posting the modified hours clearly on site.
- Issuance of a public places permit may temporarily expand the permissible hours of public use.