An update to the City’s Land Development Code (LDC) has been adopted by City Council. The LDC governs development within the city and regulates things like how a property can be divided, what types of uses can go where and numerous other items important to site development and redevelopment like building placement and size, parking, open space and lighting, among other things. The last major update to the LDC was in 2001.
Several goals for the LDC update include:
• Implementing the recently adopted Envision Longmont Multimodal and Comprehensive Plan and other city plans and policies
• Creating opportunities for innovative and high-quality development
• Ensuring consistency with current land use trends
• Creating a user friendly format
• Allowing flexibility while developing a predictable process
• Protecting stable neighborhoods
To view the full list of topics updated and associated documents, see the Code Update Topics page.