Visit our Coronavirus page to stay up-to-date on the latest information and resources. ALL IN-PERSON CITY PROGRAMS AND EVENTS ARE CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. See current closure details.

Información sobre la enfermedad del Covid-19



Temporary Use Permits

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

A temporary use permit is required for seasonal and holiday sales, as well as special events.

Seasonal and Holiday Sales

christmas-tree-lot-cropSales activities, such as the sale of Christmas trees, farm produce and fireworks. This type of temporary use is allowed in all nonresidential zoning districts. Temporary seasonal and holiday sales shall not include retail sales of bulk household goods, such as furniture, carpets, art work/paintings, or similar items, and shall not include retail sales of prepared or processed food products. Please note that Fireworks stands require a separate permit from the City of Longmont Fire Department (Maximum permit limit 60 days) Fee $250 for 31-60 days or $50 for up to 30 days



Special Event

A temporary commercial or festive activity or promotion held on private property within the City of Longmont at a specific location, which takes place typically no more than once per year including, but not limited to, carnivals, circuses, fairs and festivals which reasonably may be expected to attract more than 100 persons at any one time. (Maximum permit limit 14 days) Fee $50

 A separate application and permit are required for carnivals operating within the City of Longmont. Additional information is provided on the Carnival Permits page.

For more information, contact at (303) 651-8330 or email

Temporary Use Permit Application




View Full Site