The Longmont Planning Academy is a four-class course designed to educate and engage residents, business and future community leaders in the City’s planning process and how planning shapes our community.
The 2018 academy will meet for four consecutive Thursday evenings beginning on October 18th. Classes will be held at the Development Services Center, located at 385 Kimbark Street from 6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
The course objective is to assist participants in becoming more effective and informed advocates in Longmont’s planning efforts, and to encourage positive, ongoing engagement in the planning process.
Sessions are designed to include discussion, presentations, Q&A, and interactive group exercises. Specific topics will vary by course, but will generally include:
- Overview of planning, including citywide and neighborhood planning in Longmont
- Envision Longmont
- Demographic trends shaping our community
- Multimodal Transportation
- Zoning, the code and the development review process
- Decision making process (how projects get approved)
- Other current planning issues and topics
Participants will come away with the information they need to:
- Confidently participate in future City of Longmont planning efforts
- Identify best practices in planning
- Understand the City of Longmont’s Multimodal and Comprehensive Plan (Envision Longmont)
- Understand the City of Longmont’s development review process and decision making process
- Educate other community members about planning in Longmont
The academy is open to all current Longmont residents, business owners, and interested community stakeholders. Applications will be accepted through September 30, 2018. Applicants will be notified by October 9, 2018.
For additional information contact the Planning & Development Services Department:
303-651-8330 | email@example.com