Retail Sales of Marijuana
On October 10, 2017, Longmont City Council approved an ordinance allowing retail sales of marijuana. The four stores will be selected by the Marijuana Selection Division and governed by the Marijuana Licensing Authority. The Authority will ultimately grant two types of licenses: recreational marijuana licenses and dual recreational/medical licenses. Stores that sell only medical marijuana will not be allowed.
Ordinances Governing Marijuana Sales and Licensing
On October 10, 2017, the Longmont City Council approved amendments to the Longmont Code or Ordinances regulating marijuana sales.
Fees Regarding Marijuana Licensing
On October 10, 2017, the Longmont City Council approved a resolution establishing fees for marijuana licensing, operating fees, renewals and other related fees.
Marijuana Home Grow Regulations
The City of Longmont approved regulations for home growing of marijuana for personal use. The new policy provides for the following related to marijuana home growing:
- Allowed in primary residence or accessory structure
- Allowed in common areas of multifamily or attached residential structures with owner and resident permission
- Requires growing outside if within an enclosed, locked space
- Allows each person in a residence to grow six plants, up to 30 if five unrelated people live together
- Provides for an exemption for patients with extended plant counts and upon request looking at registry card
- Provides for an exemption for caregivers providing care for patients with extended plant counts with the requirement that they furnish a copy of their registry card. Law enforcement shall confirm with caregiver registry system as needed
The City of Longmont has exercised its authority under the Colorado Constitution and has opted to prohibit the cultivation, production and testing of both medical and recreational marijuana. There are no current plans to lift the ban on the cultivation, production or testing of marijuana.