Special features for use by law enforcement:
- Various lighting conditions to simulate officer response at night
- Raised ceiling height to adapted to allow for tactical vehicles for training
- Zero to twenty-five yard 180 degree tactical live fire shooting area
- Three target systems to include turning targets, retrievable targets, and moving targets
- 2,700 foot indoor non-ballistic shoot house (SIMS house) which allows walls to be moved to create a variety of training environments, which officers can utilize in order to improve their skills. This can be used from anything from new officer training to tactical training. The building also allows for vehicles to enter the facility for use during vehicle stop training and vehicle search training. It also allows for a variety of K9-training scenarios. The SIMS house also has two breaching doors which officers can use to train for forced entry. Law enforcement may also have use of this building for crime scene processing training.
- Classroom Annex with two classrooms and is available ONLY to law enforcement with a reservation.
If you are a law enforcement agency and have additional questions regarding the range, please email the Support Services Division of the Longmont Police Department or Monday-Friday call (303) 774-4589; Saturday/Sunday call (303) 774-4587.