Be Ready Longmont is an outreach program providing presentations to local community groups about how to be better prepared for disasters.
The City of Longmont Office of Emergency Management looks forward to the opportunity to speak to your civic organization, workplace, neighbors and/or church group to ensure that you are prepared for an emergency. The presentation will provide residents with tools to become part of the solution when a disaster hits.
Please email or call (303)651-8438 to schedule a presentation with your group.
UPCOMING CLASSES (registration required)
- July 17, 2018 / - Calvary Church, 2101 Gay Street - register
- August 14, 2018 / Longmont Library, 409 4th Avenue - register
3 STEPS YOU CAN TAKE RIGHT NOW
- Sign up your mobile phone for reverse 911 notifications. Only landlines are registered automatically.
- Sign up for the Longmont Fire Police OEM on Facebook or follow Longmont PS on Twitter.
- Set a radio favorite to 1670 AM in your car for Longmont specific information.
|ARE YOU PREPARED?
|now is the time to make an emergency plan
Your family may not be together if a disaster strikes, so it is important to think about the following situations and plan just in case. Consider the following questions when making a plan
For sample plans and more insights, please look at this resource from FEMA.
|BASIC DISASTER SUPPLIES
FEMA recommends a basic emergency supply kit could include the following:
Don't forget to think about medications, glasses or special needs for infants, pets, or the elderly. Go here for more suggestions on building your disaster kit.
More Preparedness Resources
- Ready Colorado
- Make an emergency plan
- Types of Hazards
- Get Involved
- Preparing for Natural Disasters
- Prepare for Technological and Accidental Hazards
- Prepare for Terrorist Hazards
- National Weather Service
- Boulder Office for Emergency Management
For more information about emergency preparedness, please contact the City of Longmont, Office of Emergency Management by email or phone at (303) 651-8438.