Information Regarding Rita Gutierrez
Longmont Police will continue to update this page with the search for Rita Gutierrez. This page contains information that has been released to the public. Information considered “breaking news” will be released via social media and the Longmont Public Safety website should further information regarding her whereabouts become available.
- Rita is a 34-year-old female, 5’7” tall, weighs 140 pounds and has several tattoos. She was last seen wearing a long sleeved black shirt and black leggings.
- Rita was last seen by her friends in the parking lot/alley west of 3’s Bar located in the 300 block of Main Street (on the Coffman Street side) between 2:15am and 3:30am on March 18, 2018. Rita indicated to her friends that she was “getting a ride home”.
- Rita’s friends are indicating that there were other people in the parking lot when her friends left. Longmont Police would like to talk with anyone that was in the parking lot between 2:15am and 3:30am who saw Rita.
- Rita’s disappearance is deemed suspicious since she has not contacted family or friends since March 18, 2018.
- Longmont Police, early on in her disappearance, made contact with ALL of the core downtown Longmont area businesses. Officers and detectives went door-to-door. Officers were given, and have reviewed, any and all video provided by businesses in the area.
- Longmont Police are looking for residents that live on the west side (which is also the side she was last seen at the alley behind 3's bar) who may have a door bell camera, video, etc. If you live in the west side of Longmont or are located in that general area, please check your video during the 2:15am to 3:30am time frame on March 18, 2018. If you see vehicles and/or someone walking please contact the Longmont Police at 303-774-3700.
- Longmont Police would urge residents not to draw assumptions based on the public information over the past several weeks. A lot of work is going on behind the scenes that residents are not aware of.
- Officers have followed up on the tip regarding “DW Pastor Barry”.
- Rumors continue to circulate that Rita was found in a Longmont area lake. These rumors are not true.
- Longmont Police have identified all parties associated with Det Coopers photo provided to Breakers staff.
- Unfortunately, while we hold out hope for the best, for all the reasons now known to this investigation, it is our belief that Rita is no longer alive, and her body has not been found. Anytime someone disappears, an investigation into how they conduct their every day lives is done, and knowing how steady, reliable, and loved Rita was; we now expect the worst.
- At this point, we are still collecting evidence, and we are continuing to follow-up on all the information from people in the community. It is a very active investigation and we are making significant progress. We continue to follow-up on all leads, to include any possible suspects.
- As a result of testing from evidence submitted to forensic laboratories, LPD has identified a suspect in Rita's disappearance as Juan Jose Figueroa Jr (4/20/1989). Mr Figueroa, has not been charged in this case and should be presumed innocent. Mr Figueroa is currently not in a danger to our community as he is being held in jail on an unrelated sexual assault charge with a $1 million cash only bond.
- At this time the Longmont Police Department is offering a $10,000 reward for information that leads to Rita's discovery or for information which helps us in arresting the suspect.
- As a reminder, we have not received any information that has assisted in locating Rita. There are hundreds of miles of isolated dirt roads in the surrounding area. If you have time while you are taking a hike or driving, please check rural roadways and secluded areas. Pay attention to your surroundings.
- Longmont Police Report number for reference is LPD 18-2437.
If you have tips or information that you believe would contribute to this investigation, please call (303)774-3700 for the tip line or email your tips to email@example.com.