SELECTING AND USING A FIRE EXTINGUISHER
REFILLING YOUR FIRE EXTINGUISHER
We recommend searching "fire extinguisher" either on the Internet or in the phone book for listed dealers in the Denver Metro area. We can not endorse a specific vendor. Here is a list of vendors which provide this service in the Denver Metro area. This list is NOT complete. :
- Cintas, 1100 West 120th Avenue, Suite 500, Westminster. (720) 262-9433
- Empire Fire Protection, 10475 Irma Drive, Northglenn (303) 451-0975
- Front Range Fire Extinguisher, Brighton (303) 659- 7396 (do not service CO2 or Halon)
- Silver Fox Fire Protection, 3772 Eureka Way, Frederick (303) 915-6101
- Valley Fire Extinguisher, Inc., 1016 25th Avenue, Greeley (970-353-2278
- Western Fire Extinguisher, 1013 North 2nd Street, Johnstown (970)587-9000
DISPOSING OF AN OLD AND UNUSABLE FIRE EXTINGUISHER
*** Including the KIDDE Fire Extinguisher being recalled. Read the details about this recall at the Consumer Product Safety Commission website. ***
The Longmont Fire Department does not accept fire extinguishers that need to be discarded.
Residents can dispose of fire extinguishers year round at CHARM (Eco-Cycle/City of Boulder Center for Hard to Recycle Materials)
- PLEASE DO NOT PLACE FIRE EXTINGUISHERS IN YOUR CITY OF LONGMONT CURBSIDE RECYCLING CONTAINER OR IN YOUR TRASH CONTAINER.
- The City of Longmont Waste Diversion Center does not accept fire extinguishers.
If you need additional information not covered on this page, you can email the Longmont Fire Department or call (303) 651-8833.