PLEASE NOTE: If you submit fire department system plans and/or seek Longmont Fire Services permits (Marc Sampson), the location to submit/pick these up has changed. The new address is 385 Kimbark St. (Fourth Avenue and Kimbark Street). The permit technician is at the Building Department window.
IMPORTANT CHANGES TO 2018 INTERNATIONAL FIRE CODE:
- 16.32.320 Section 907.1.3 amended:
- Equipment. Systems and components shall be listed and approved for the purpose in which they are installed. Only addressable fire alarm panels will be approved. Exception - fire alarm panels that can transmit individual specific initiating device information.
- Combination fire and security panels. A fire alarm system shall not be used for any purpose other than fire protection or control of fire protection systems. Combination fire and security panels are not permitted.
- 16.32.350 Section 907.6.6 amended:
- Monitoring. Supervising station shall report all fire alarms in a contact identification point reporting format.
It is the responsibility of the designer/installer of record to assure that all-applicable code requirements and local amendments are adhered to. The current adopted editions of the International Fire Code (IFC) and International Building Code (IBC) along with the associated National Fire Protection Association Standards shall be the primary, but not all-inclusive, resource documents.
Absolutely no acceptance testing will be conducted prior to the completion of all construction including painting, cleaning, carpet installation, etc.
If you need further assistance from Fire Services, please email or call (303) 651-8434.