Is this an emergency or occurring now? If the answer is yes, Dial 9-1-1 or call (303) 651-8501.
Welcome to the Longmont Department of Public Safety Citizens' Online Police Reporting System. This reporting system will allow you to submit a police report on-line, obtain a temporary police report number, and after your report has been approved you will receive an email notification with an attached copy of your report at no cost. Please read all of the instructions below before beginning your report.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Filing a false report is a crime and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Criteria For Submitting An Online Crime Report
An online police report can be filed if the following are true (all online criminal reports will be inactive unless further information develops):
A. The incident occurred in the city limits of Longmont.
B. There are no known suspects or available investigative leads.
C. The incident is not a traffic accident.
D. The incident did not involve a gun.
E. No evidence was left at the scene that could be collected and examined by the police.
F. You have a valid email address.
If the incident you wish to report does not meet the criteria listed above, call the Longmont Department of Public Safety non-emergency report taker office at (303) 651-8555.
The online police report system is designed to allow the public to submit two different types of reports, "Information Reports" and "Crime Reports". See the descriptions below for both.
Types Of Reports Generated
1. INFORMATION REPORT - A tip or information about suspicious or potentially dangerous activity that the reporting person has personally observed or is aware of. Examples of "Information Only" report include: drug tips, general traffic complaint (does not include traffic accidents), or graffiti. This type of report will be shared with the appropriate city staff for response as appropriate.
2. CRIME REPORT - A "crime report" is the formal filing of a crime. Crime reports can only be filed online by the victim of the crime and only if the incident meets the criteria listed above under " Criteria for Submitting an Online Crime Report". In the absence of suspect(s) or evidence of the crime being reported, which are both part of the criteria for online reporting, the incident will not be assigned for investigation. Should additional investigative information surface, this case could be reopened.
Selecting An Online Report Category Which Meets Criteria Outlined Above
- Abandoned / Junked Vehicle - (information only) Report a junked vehicle (hasn't moved in over 24 hours) or an abandoned vehicle (inoperable, has flat tires, or has expired or no plates) on a public road or in a public area. Not to be used to report vehicles parked in a business parking lot.
- Animal Issues, Non-Emergency - (information only) Report incident involving an animal if it is NOT occurring now and no one is in immediate danger. (Examples: observed dog repeatedly off leash, failure to clean up after pet).
- Car Break-In (*crime report)
- Deliberate Tampering with Property (*crime report no damage being reported)
- Extra Police Patrol Request (information report)- Due to a specific problem or situation, extra police patrol is requested in a specific area.
- Graffiti (information report) - Report graffiti, spray paint or ink vandalism to your property and you would like to participate in the city's GEAR (Graffiti Eradication and Removal) Program.
- Littering (*crime report)
- Lost Property (*crime report)
- Phone or Internet Harassment (*crime report)
- Supplemental Report (*crime report) provide additional information about a previously submitted online crime report
- Supplemental Property Report (*crime report - add additional stolen or damaged property to a previously submitted online crime report/criminal report)
- Traffic Complaint (information report) - Report a specific traffic related problem or situation and request extra traffic enforcement, or report observed and repeated speeding in a specific area at a specific time of the day or night and no immediate danger exists. If a speeding situation is currently happening call (303) 651-8501. Car accidents of any type (on public or private property) CAN NOT be filed online.
- Theft less than $2,000 (*crime report - does not include identity theft)
- Vandalism or Damaged Property Less than $2,000 (*crime report)
- Drug/Crime Tip (information report) - Provide information about unusual, suspicious or drug related activity that does not pose an immediate threat or danger