Obtaining a report/record from ambulance, fire, police
The City of Longmont partners with American Medical Response (AMR) for ambulance services. The release of any medical information (including billing) requires a signed Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) release.
- Billing information regarding a call that American Medical Response (AMR) responded to in Longmont call (719) 597-1277.
- To obtain medical records see “Fire” below.
For more information, please email or call (800) 913-9106.
Longmont Fire Services is an all hazards response division. The department responds to all fire, medical, hazardous materials, and rescue situations. Office hours are Monday through Thursday 8 am to 5 pm and Friday’s 8 am until noon.
- To obtain a medical record please complete a Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) form and submit with records request. You can call (303) 651-8746 or email to request a report.
- To obtain an arson report, there are two steps you must take 1) you must contact the Longmont Police Records for the law enforcement investigation at (303) 651-8502 (for additional information including hours of operation, forms, etc. see "police" below), and then 2) contact the fire department for the fire report at (303) 651-8746 or email to request the report.
- To obtain a report for any fire that is NOT suspected arson call (303) 651-8746 or email to request a report.
For more information, please call (303) 651-8746.
The Longmont Police Records Section is open 7 days a week (6 am to 9 pm). The Longmont Police Services Records has reports ONLY for incidents that have occurred within the Longmont city limits. Some reports may not be immediately available due to pending investigations or based on the Colorado Open Records law.
You can obtain a copy of an INCIDENT report in two ways:
1. By mail. Please call (303) 651-8502 to confirm that your report is available and releasable. There is a fee for the release of any criminal justice record. Only cash or checks can be accepted.
Print out the form (pdf) in English and/or Spanish. Complete the form and mail to: Longmont Department of Public Safety, Records Unit, 225 Kimbark St., Longmont, CO 80501. Do not complete and mail the form WITHOUT contacting records first. Please specify on the form if you would like the report sent to you by postal mail or email.
2. In person. Staff will check for the availability of your report and a form will be provided at the Longmont Department of Public Safety Records Unit window (1st floor, Safety and Justice Building, 225 Kimbark St., Longmont, Colorado). They will provide a cost for the document you are requesting.
For more information regarding incident reports, please call records at (303) 651-8502.
You can obtain DIGITAL MEDIA (photos, dispatch tapes, video, body cam footage, etc.) in two ways:
1. By Mail. Please call (303)774-4555 to confirm that your digital media is available and releasable. There is a fee for the release of any criminal justice digital media. Only cash or checks can be accepted.
Print out the digital media form request (pdf). Complete the form and mail it to Longmont Department Public Safety Records Unit: ATTN: Digital Media Evidence Technician, 225 Kimbark Street, Longmont, CO 80501. Do not compete and mail the form without contacting the Digital Media Evidence Technician first. Please specify on the form how you would like to receive the digital media.
2. In person. Staff will check for the availability of your request and a form will be provided at the Records Unit window (1st floor, Safety and Justice Building, 225 Kimbark Street, Longmont, CO 80501). You will be provided a cost for your request.
For more information regarding digital requests, please call (303)774-4555.