Fire Station Community Rooms
Use of Fire station community rooms (1000 Pace St. and 617 Barberry St.) is available only to the extent it does not interfere with the department’s operational activities, public safety or welfare, and that it does not increase the department’s operations or maintenance costs. Community rooms are primarily designated for government or non-profit community use. A copy of the organization's 501(c)(3) documentation may be required.
Maximum occupancy cannot exceed 40 (without tables).
Applications and policy for the use of fire station community rooms can be obtained by email or by calling Fire Administration at (303) 651-8437. If the intended use is in accordance with department policy, the Fire Deputy Chief or his/her designee shall approve the application and charge the appropriate fee. Information on fees is outlined in the policy.
Among others outlined in the policy, community room rules include:
- Activities are confined to the community room and public lobby.
- Use is only allowed between 7 am and 10 pm.
- Furniture and other equipment shall not be removed from the facility.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages and smoking in city facilities or on city property prohibited.
- Amplified music prohibited.
- Food is discouraged, though limited snacks, brown bag, or box lunches are permitted.
- There are NO audio visuals available including: no screens, projectors, laptops, Wi-Fi, or Internet plug-in
- No kitchen facilities are available. No cooking or warming equipment may be used.
- Fire station community rooms may not be used by for any purpose in support or opposition of political campaigns, candidate for public office, or any ballot issue. The room is permitted to be used as a polling location.
- Private social gatherings, wedding receptions, birthday parties, memorial services, or family reunions are not permitted.
- For Community Room interior photos of Fire Station 3 at 1000 Pace.
- For Community Room interior photos of Fire Station 5 at 617 Barberry.
- Events charging admission, or soliciting or promoting sale of goods or services, are not permitted.