Many alarm owners do not realize the contract they sign is with the alarm company, not the police department. Longmont Police Services responds at the request of the alarm company.
Unfortunately, ninety-eight percent of all alarms are false. Most of these false alarms are caused by user error or equipment malfunction.
All residential and commercial alarm users must provide at least two telephone numbers to their alarm company to contact before the alarm company contacts the Longmont Emergency Communications Center.
What is a False Alarm?
A False Alarm is any alarm caused by human error or equipment problems requiring police response, with no evidence of an actual crime having been committed.
What are the most frequent human errors that cause alarms?
- Use of incorrect key pad codes.
- Failure to train other authorized users
- Failure to secure doors and windows before turning on alarm.
- Failure to notify monitoring facility of unscheduled openings or closings (for businesses)
What can you do to reduce false alarms?
- Make sure everyone is familiar with alarm system operations.
- Secure doors and windows before turning on system.
- Be aware of changes in the environment (i.e., new animals, design changes, seasonal decorations, plants, etc.).
- Equipment should be routinely inspected and maintained by qualified personnel.
False Alarm Charges per City Ordinance
In a calendar year:
False Alarms 1, 2, and 3 are billed at $100 each
*After three false alarms in a calendar year, alarm owners are notified they are being placed on a DO NOT RESPOND list until the alarm owner fixes the alarm equipment problem and/or accesses training on how to set and use the alarm properly. An alarm owner may request to be removed from the DO NOT RESPOND list after sending a letter to the Public Safety Chief indicating this request and that the false alarm issues have been addressed.
False Alarms 4, 5, and 6 are billed at $250 each
False Alarms 7 and above are billed at $400 each
For more information regarding false alarms please email or call (303) 774-4440.