Main Camp Location:
Longmont Summer Day Camp
St Vrain Memorial Building
700 Longs Peak Ave
Longmont, CO 80501
For questions regarding the Longmont Summer Day Camp, contact Suellen .
2019 Activities and Schedules
What should my camper bring to camp?
Backpack/tote with two healthy snacks and a healthy lunch
Wear sunscreen and closed toe shoes (tennis shoes)
Label possessions (sunscreen, towel, swim suit) with child's name and store those in the backpack
Clothing for the day (bring swim suit on Tues/Fri with towel).
Wear green field trip shirt every Thursday (required).
Defined weekly themes --2019 themes are below. Swim lesson add-ons for Longmont Day Camp are available on Tuesdays in June and July. Day Camp goes to the library weekly. Don't have a library card? Fill out the form and return to camp with your child!
- Pre-camp - COLORado: May 28-31: This week we will get into the swing of day camp with daily activity rotations between active and create sessions. Enjoy Low Ropes Course activities on Wednesday. Friday will be our first day at Sunset Pool - bring your suits !
- Week one - Let's Play Week: June 3-7: It's a week of games! Rick's Lanyards is here as Wednesday's special guest. Our Thursday field trip is to the Sandstone Ranch Splash pad - wear clothes that can get wet and there is a killer playground, making for an awesome afternoon.Optional swim lesson ($) are offered beginning this week on Tuesdays.
- Week two - Safari Adventure: June 10-14: Enjoy creating your own animal art and safari-themed games this week. Heading out to our favorite Hover Park for crawdad fishing and more on Thursday.
- Week three - To Infinity and Beyond! Week: June 17-21: Our Wednesday guest is the Denver Museum of Natural Science to help us explore the worlds beyond our everyday. We're heading out to Union Reservoir on Thursday - wear your green shirts!
- Week four - Jurassic Week: June 24-27: Be transported to the realm dinosaurs. The Denver Museum of Natural Science is back on Wednesday. We're looking at a special activity on Thursday...stay tuned!
- Week five - Firework Frenzy: July 1-5 *No camp Wed, July 4: Camp is a little bit smaller this week, so we are off to the Bowling Alley on Monday afternoon. We'll enjoy an extra fun all-camp activity: Tie Dye (white camper shirt to tie dye provided) on Wednesday - PLEASE wear clothes that can be "oops" stained!
- Week six - Wet 'N' Wild Week: July 8-12: Our Leaders' finest will run special activities Wednesday afternoon. We head off to Sandstone Ranch Splash pad and playground fun on Thursday - wear your swim suit or quick to dry clothing.
- Week seven - Shark Week: July 15-19: On Wednesday, We'll enjoy a visit from the Denver Aquarium on Wednesday who will bring "Sensational Sharks" to Longmont. We're off to Union Reservoir for fun in the heat of the summer on Thursday - bring your swim suit.
- Week Eight- Island Explosion: July 22-26: Volcanoes, Hula, and more! On Wednesday, the Butterfly Pavilion will come on site. Thursday we are off to Hover Park to check in our local crawdads.
- Week Nine - Carnival Week: July 29-August 2: Rick's Lanyards is back for a final visit on Thursday, working to catch as many campers as possible with whom to share his braiding creations. We'll enjoy a special visit from the Longmont Sister's Cities exchange students on Thursday during our own carnival day of fun. Collyer Park is our park of choice for Wednesday.
Longmont Summer Day Camp Daily Activities (for ages 5-10):
An activity-based traditional summer camp with occasional option add-on enrichment activities available for an additional fee.
Monday: Weekly themed mini camp rotation - arts, games, library field trip (walking field trip), and Lego challenges
Tuesday: Weekly themed all camp activities - swimming at Sunset Pool
Wednesday: Weekly themed mini camp rotation - games, leader-led activities, and guest speakers. (We bring guest speakers to our site to minimize the amount of time we have any camper in vehicle.)
Thursday: Afternoon field trip to local parks (lime green field trip shirts are required.)
Friday: Weekly themed all camp activities - swimming at Sunset Pool
Thursday Field Trips (field trip shirts - in a pinch, lime green shirts -- are required):
We stay local to keep your camper's time in a vehicle to a minimum. Examples of Thursday Field Trips locations include: Hover Park (great crawdad fishing!), Sandstone Ranch (history, nature, and fun all in one!), Union Reservoir (sandy swim beach, great playground, fishing and more), and Thompson Park (large shady park with fun playground).
The Sunset Pool is suitable for all ages, with water slides, diving boards, sand, etc. Campers walk one mile to and from Sunset Pool (and do a phenomenal job, we might add!). Occasionally, campers will be shuttled to Centennial Pool for a change of venue. Local area field trips are planned for many Thursdays during the course of the summer - field trip shirts are required to be work on all Thursdays. Weeks may have special guests brought to the camp.
Tween LOCO Summer Camp (for ages 11-13):
The Tween LOCO is an experiential camp that seeks to expose campers to a wide variety of activities including, but not limited to, artistic expression (arts, music, dance, theatre); sports & fitness (soccer, swimming,etc.); learning for FUN (summer reading program, science experiments, creative writing); and community living (working well & service to with others, speaking one's truth). Nearly all activity costs are included within the daily rate. Each Wednesday morning is a walking field trip to the Longmont Public Library!
- Week one - Mad Science Week: June 3-7: On Monday, we explore science - we are still working out the details. Wednesday, Rick's Lanyards is here for braiding fun. Our Thursday field trip is to Sandstone Ranch.
- Week two - Anime Week: June 10-14: Monday, we're painting. Wednesday, enjoy a day of low ropes challenges and activities. Heading out to camp favorite Hover Park on Thursday. Optional - no fee for LOCO - Tuesday swim lessons begin this week.
- Week three - Final Frontier: June17-21: Monday, we are off to catch some air with a special visitor. Denver Museum of Nature and Science will be here on Wednesday. We're heading out Union Reservoir on Thursday.
- Week four - Zombie Apocalypse Week: June 24-28: On Monday, Casablanca Dance is here to teach us the iconic Thriller Line Dance made famous by Michael Jackson! We'll learn how to use make up in creative style to achieve a zombie look all your own. On Wednesday, the Denver Museum of Nature and Science will return for a look of real life apocalypses. A special visitor will be here on Thursday.
- Week five - Rock n' Roll: July 1-5 *No camp Thurs, July 4: Camp is a little bit smaller this week, so we are off to the Bowling Alley on Monday and enjoy an extra fun all-camp activity on Wednesday: Tie Dye!
- Week six - H2ooooo!: July 8-12: We have a painting/art special guest activity on Monday. Thursday's field trip is to Sandstone Ranch.
- Week seven - Fear Factor Week July 15-19: We'll be heading off to the Ninja Warrior Playground on Monday. The Denver Aquarium is here on Wednesday. We're off to Union Reservoir on Thursday.
- Week eight- Around the World: July 22-26: Monday we are off to explore - maybe with some sky-diving??? Stay tuned! Hover Park is our destination on Thursday.
- Week nine - Mystery Week : July 30-Aug 3: It is a week in transition - the 10 year olds will join us this week to see what Tween LOCO is all about! We're heading for an escape room for a special Monday field trip. We'll be flopping our park field trip day to Wednesday this week going Bowling and on Thursday will enjoy Carnival Days and Ricks Lanyards.
Tween LOCO Summer Camp Hours of Operation: 9am-4pm. Wrap around care, 7am-9am and 4pm-6pm, is available with the campers acting in a volunteer mentor with the younger Longmont Summer Day Camp campers. These hours spent in volunteer-type activities would qualify for any volunteer hours that your 11 to 13 year old needs for volunteer service requirements.