Main Camp Location:
Longmont Summer Day Camp
St Vrain Memorial Building
700 Longs Peak Ave
Longmont, CO 80501
For questions regarding the Longmont Summer Day Camp, contact Suellen .
2020 Activities and Schedules - during the time of COVID
How does camp change with COVID restrictions? Subject to change.
Base groups are limited to 10 campers: this is a reduction of capacity by 2/3.
Base groups will not co-mingle. Social distancing will be encouraged and practiced.
No field trips
All activities will occur in and around the St Vrain Memorial Building, 700 Longs Peak Ave
Staff will wear masks.
Parents are asked to wear masks during drop off/pick up. Drop off/pick up areas will be unique to base groups.
Campers are recommended to wear masks during the day, as tolerable for the camper. Parents provide masks.
1:! behavioral and personal care support are not offered given current social distancing requirements.
What should my camper bring to camp?
Backpack/tote with two healthy snacks and a healthy lunch
Wear sunscreen and closed toe shoes (tennis shoes)
Label possessions (sunscreen, towel, swim suit) with child's name and store those in the backpack
Clothing for the day (as applicable, a change of clothes for toileting accidents).
Wear green field trip shirt every Thursday (requested)
Defined weekly themes --2020 themes are below.Please note that with the COVID response, we will continue with overall themes but may not have ability to travel off-site or have special guests come to visit us at camp as listed in the descriptions in later June/July/August. Please know, however, that our creativity will be in overdrive to provide theme-based fun while on site!
• Pre-camp – Harry Potter: May 26-29: *No Camp Monday, March 25This week we will get into the swing of day camp with daily activity rotations between active and create sessions.
• Week one – Board Games: June 1-5: It's a week of games! Rick's Lanyards is here as Wednesday's special guest.
• Week two – Jurassic World: June 8-12: Be transported to the realm dinosaurs. Dig into Colorado’s past using the scientific process as paleontologists do! Enjoy creating your own animal art and dinosaur-themed games this week.
• Week three – Happiest Place on Earth: June 15-19: Get ready for this week of magic and adventure from the wonderful world of Disney. Daily activities and games will bring you right back into your favorite films.
• Week four – Summer Olympics: June 22-26: Archery, swimming, skateboarding, volleyball, surfing and so much more. The Olympics are the best of the best and we’ll play so many of the same sports they compete in to create our very own Olympics training.
• Week five – Born in the U.S.A!: June 29-July 2 *No camp Friday, July 3: Celebrating the Red, White and blue, this week is filled with exciting 4th of July themes activities and crafts.
• Week six – Jump into the Jungle: July 6-10: The Butterfly Pavilion’s Bug Safari is our special program Wednesday afternoon.
• Week seven – Minion Madness: July 13-17: BANANA! This fun week is booked up with Minion games and activities galore. Rick's Lanyards is here as Wednesday's special guest. Our Thursday field trip is to the Sandstone Ranch Splash pad - wear clothes that can get wet and there is a killer playground, making for an awesome afternoon.
• Week eight – To Infinity & Beyond!: July 20-24: Get ready to walk, talk and dress like an Astronaut. Learn about our solar system and explore the Mission to Mars. Thursday’s field trip will be to Get Air Trampoline Park.
• Week nine – Shark Bait: July 27-31: There are over 400 kinds of sharks and we will dive into the deep end and learn all about these underwater creatures. This week we're heading out to Union Reservoir on Thursday - wear your green shirts!
• Week ten – Carnival Craze: Aug 3-7: Our final week of summer camp. Get silly in our carnival camp and learn to juggle, get your face painted and perform our own magic tricks! Rick's Lanyards is back for a final visit on Thursday, working to catch as many campers as possible with whom to share his braiding creations. Thompson park is our Wednesday destination.
Tween LOCO Summer Care (for ages 11-13): Note that all activities are subject to COVID recommendations.
The Tween LOCO Care is an experiential camp that seeks to expose campers to a wide variety of activities including, but not limited to, artistic expression (arts, music, dance, theatre); sports & fitness (soccer, swimming,etc.); learning for FUN (summer reading program, science experiments, creative writing); and community living (working well & service to with others, speaking one's truth).
• Week one – Paint like Picasso: June 1-5: On Monday, we explore art and creation - we are still working out the details. Wednesday, Rick's Lanyards is here for braiding fun.
• Week two – Surviving the Undead: June 8-12: Monday, we're turning into Zombies! Wednesday, enjoy a day of low ropes challenges and activities.
• Week three – H2 GO!: June 15-19: Monday, we are off to paddle our way around the reservoir. Denver Museum of Nature and Science will be here on Wednesday(?)
• Week four – Sports Extravaganza: June 22-26: On Monday, train like a ninja warrior and bring your top sport skills for the remainder of the week’s challenges and activities all about sports!
• Week five – Stars and Stripes: June 29-July 2 *No camp Friday, July 3:
• Week six – Game On!: July 6-10: Monday we will have an ultimate game of laser tag. Stay tuned for more fun!
• Week seven – Rock Stars: July 13-17: We’ll be learning the world of musical performance, singing dancing and playing instruments.
• Week eight – Mad Scientists: July 20-24: Monday we are off to explore - maybe with some sky-diving??? Stay tuned!
• Week nine – Fear Factor: July 27-31: Test your limits this week in all things scary!
• Week ten – Under the Big Top: August 3-7: Monday we are off to the Escape Room! Can you figure out the riddle and get out?
Tween LOCO Summer Camp Hours of Operation: 9am-4pm. Wrap around care, 7:30am-9am and 4pm-5:30 pm, is available.