Festival Facts: Things to know about Rhythm on the River
Rhythm on the River is located in Roger's Grove Park, north of Boston Avenue and east of Hover (95th) Street in Longmont, Colorado.
History of Rhythm on the River
Rhythm on the River began in 1995 as a small celebration for the opening of Roger’s Grove along the St. Vrain Greenway. Roger Jones was an avid outdoors person whose dream was to give the community a park / arboretum to visit in the middle of the city. In 1995, the family donated funds to the city for the purchase of the property adjacent to the Boulder County Fairgrounds. He and his wife also had a passion for music and art, hence the name Rhythm on the River. The event theme was created around the environment and the Jones's passions for the arts. In the beginning, a few vendors and two bands entertained visitors. Since that first year, the event has kept with the theme of educating the visitors through music, art and interactive components.
Rhythm on the River Summer Festival
- Please be kind to your pets; leave them at home while visiting the festival. Festival guests will also appreciate your thoughtfulness.
- The festival will provide FREE shuttle service running between the Fairgrounds and the Hover Street entrance to Roger's Grove. On both Friday night and Saturday night, shuttle service will run from 5:30 pm to 10:30 pm.
- Courtesy cell service is available for local calls in urgent situations at Guest Services under the Pavilion.
- Lost people will be escorted to the Pavilion located near the Hover Street parking lot. Lost items may also be identified at the Pavilion. If you find a lost item or person, escort or take that person/item to the Pavilion.
- Bike racks available at the Boulder County Fairgrounds and at the Pavilions, bring your bike lock.
- For safety and health reasons, glass bottles, skateboards and in-line skates are not permitted. Please use caution and be courteous to your fellow festival visitors. Smoking of all kinds is not allowed.
- Permanent accessible restrooms are located adjacent to the Pavilion and include a diaper changing station. Portable restrooms are also located throughout the event site.
- FREE parking is available at the Boulder County Fairgrounds lot south of Roger's Grove off of Boston Avenue. Accessible parking is located adjacent to the free shuttle. Shuttle route and parking map
- In an emergency, contact a festival staff member (wearing a Festival staff shirt and headset) or proceed to Guest Services located at the Pavilion near the Hover Street parking lot. Emergency units (Longmont Fire and Police and the Longmont Emergency Unit) will also be on site and available to assist you.
- Rhythm on the River will take place, rain or shine. Most activities will take place under tents but please be prepared for any weather.