Longmont Recreation Services provides an eight-week Summer SCOPE Camp program for adults, ages 18 & older, with special needs. SCOPE Campers will experience a wide variety of activities, including crafts, swimming, life skills, and social and educational outings.
Please note, SCOPE Camp is a summer recreation program, not an adult daycare program. The SCOPE Camp program is not a state-licensed program because of the adult age of the campers involved.
9 am to 4 pm
Monday through Friday
June 3 through July 26, 2019*
*no camp Thursday, July 4, 2019
2019 Registration Materials
Auto Pay Form (use auto pay if you are not using a credit card, check or cash)
NOTE: A "physical" examination from a doctor's office is NOT required.
SCOPE camp is based upon a daily fee option: Sign up for as many or as few days as you need.
The daily camp fee is $46 resident/ $57 non-resident.
Eight weeks Full Time: 39 days x $46/day = $1,794 for Longmont residents and $2,223 for non-residents
Weekly Option:5 days x $46/day = $230 for Longmont residents and $285 for non-residents
Questions? Please contact the SCOPE office, (303) 774-3795, for assistance.
Please note: there is no option for staying at camp before or after Camp hours. Camp is designed as a summer recreation opportunity, not as day care. Late pick-up fees will be assessed beginning at 4:01 pm.
- Pay in full at time of registration
- Pay half at time of registration; 2nd half due May 31 (this option is available for in-person registration only)
- Auto-pay from your credit card / checking account / savings account. Initial payment of $5 per day is required at time of registration. Remaining balance due for any days enrolled between June 1 and 15 are billed/deducted on June 1; any days enrolled between June 16 and 30 are billed/deducted on June 15; days July 1-15 billed on July 1; and days July 16-27 billed/deducted on July 15. Download Auto Pay Form, above.
- Third party billing; service authorization documentation required prior to registration. Please make arrangements with the SCOPE Office, (303) 774-3795.
2019 SCOPE Camp Themes - coming soon!
Week 1 - Week: June 3 - June 7
Week 2 - Week: June 10 - June 14
Week 3 - Week: June 17 - June 21
Week 4 - Week: June 24 - June 28
Week 5 - Patriotic Party Week: July 1 - July 5 (no camp Thursday, July 4)
Week 6 - Week: July 8 - July 12
Week 7 - Week: July 15 - July 19
Week 8 - Week: July 22 - July 26
What should I bring to camp?
Every camper should bring and/or wear:
- Backpack/tote bag with a healthy lunch and at least 2 healthy snacks
- Refillable water bottle
- Comfortable clothing for indoor and outdoor activities - hat, weather appropriate layers, etc.
- Closed toe shoes (tennis shoes, closed sandals, etc.)
- Sunscreen - wear to camp and pack in bag
- For swim days - swimsuit and towel
- For field trip days - SCOPE camp t-shirt
- Necessary personal care/hygiene items
- Optional: maximum of 1 or 2 comfort/entertainment items (ex. journal, deck of cards, a CD, headphones, book) for use during lunch or break times.
Please make sure all personal items (backpack, lunch bag, water bottle, sunscreen, swimsuit, etc.) are clearly labeled with camper's name.
What should I leave at home?
Bring only what you need to get through the day. We're on the move a lot and each camper is responsible for their own belongings. Large, heavy, or expensive items are discouraged, and may be stored in the camp office until the end of the day if they become a distraction or too difficult to move around. SCOPE Camp is not responsible for lost or stolen items.Thank you for your interest in Longmont Recreation Services' SCOPE Summer Camp. If you have questions, please contact the SCOPE Office, (303) 774-3795.
See also summer program for teens with special needs.