Longmont Recreation Services provides an eight-week Summer SCOPE Teen Camp program for teens with special needs, ages 13 to 17 years of age that is licensed through the State of Colorado. Teen Campers will experience a wide variety of activities, including crafts, swimming, life skills, and social and educational outings.
Please note, SCOPE Teen Camp is a summer recreation program, not a day care program.
9 am to 4 pm
Monday through Friday
June 4 through July 27, 2018*
*no camp Wednesday, July 4, 2018
2018 Registration Materials
Registration Form (PDF)
Auto Pay Form (use auto pay if you are not using a credit card, check or cash)
Enrollment Packet (remember to include your child's picture, height and weight)
Immunization Form (this form is required with enrollment packet)
NOTE: A "physical" examination from a doctor's office is NOT required.
New in 2018, SCOPE camp is based upon a daily fee option: Sign up for as many or as few days as you need.
The daily camp fee is $44 resident/ $55 non-resident.
Eight weeks Full Time: 39 days x $44/day = $1,716 for Longmont residents and $2,145 for non-residents
Weekly Option:5 days x $44/day = $220 for Longmont residents and $275 for non-residents
Questions? Please contact the SCOPE office, (303) 774-3795, for assistance.
Please note: there is no option for staying at camp before or after Teen Camp hours. Teen Camp is designed as a summer recreation opportunity, not as day care. Late pick-up fees will be assessed beginning at 4:01p.m.
- Pay in full at time of registration
- Pay half at time of registration; 2nd half due May 31 (this option is available for in-person registration only)
- Auto-pay from your credit card / checking account / savings account. Initial payment of $5 per day is required at time of registration. Remaining balance due for any days enrolled between June 1 and 15 are billed/deducted on June 1; any days enrolled between June 16 and 30 are billed/deducted on June 15; days July 1-15 billed on July 1; and days July 16-27 billed/deducted on July 15. Download Auto Pay Form, above.
- Third party billing; service authorization documentation required prior to registration. Please make arrangements with the SCOPE Office, (303) 774-3795.
2018 SCOPE Camp Themes - coming soon!!!
Week 1 - Week: June 4 - June 8
Week 2 - Week: June 11 - June 15
Week 3 - Week: June 18 - June 22
Week 4 - Week: June 25 - June 29
Week 5 - Patriotic Party Week: July 2 - July 6 (no camp Wednesday, July 4)
Week 6 - Week: July 9 - July 13
Week 7 - Week: July 16 - July 20
Week 8 - Week: July 23 - July 27
What should I bring to camp?
Every camper should bring and/or wear:
- Backpack/tote bag with a healthy lunch and at least 2 healthy snacks
- Refillable water bottle
- Comfortable clothing for indoor and outdoor activities - hat, weather appropriate layers, etc.
- Closed toe shoes (tennis shoes, closed sandals, etc.)
- Sunscreen - wear to camp and pack in bag
- For swim days - swimsuit and towel
- For field trip days - SCOPE camp t-shirt
- Necessary personal care/hygiene items
- Optional: maximum of 1 or 2 comfort/entertainment items (ex. journal, deck of cards, a CD, headphones, book) for use during lunch or break times.
Please make sure all personal items (backpack, lunch bag, water bottle, sunscreen, swimsuit, etc.) are clearly labeled with camper's name.
What should I leave at home?
Bring only what you need to get through the day. We're on the move a lot and each camper is responsible for their own belongings. Large, heavy, or expensive items are discouraged, and may be stored in the camp office until the end of the day if they become a distraction or too difficult to move around. SCOPE Camp is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Thank you for your interest in Longmont Recreation Services SCOPE Teen Camp. If you have questions, please contact the SCOPE Office.
See also summer program for adults with special needs