Where: Centennial Pool, 1201 Alpine St., Longmont, CO | 303-651-8406
Centennial Pool has 6 lanes, 25 yards each, with starting blocks.
Water temperature is approximately 82/83 degrees.The Winter Sprinter is at an indoor pool and will be held regardless of snow outside!
Winter Sprinter - Swim Meet for Adults
Sunday, February 12, 2017
Join us for a morning of competition and camaraderie! Swimming distances will range from 50 to 500 yards in freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly and individual medley. Create your own relays on the day of the event! You can swim up to 5 individual events and 2 relays.
Register EARLY! Winter Sprinter is capped at 100 Swimmers!
Walk-In: Centennial Pool or the Longmont Recreation Center
Mail to: Centennial Pool, 1201 Alpine St, Longmont, CO 80504
Please mail entry forms by Monday, January 18, to secure your spot!
(download registration form)
Online: via L-Trac (City of Longmont website)
$20 pre-registered. Registrations accepted through Friday at the Longmont Recreation Center, St. Vrain Memorial Building, and Centennial Pool.
$25 race-day. Sunday from 7am-7:45am at Centennial Pool.
Swim Meet Details - (download the Winter Sprinter flyer)
- Both USMS & non-USMS swimmers are welcome.
- This is a recreational swim meet with no stroke judges, swim form is on the honor system! This also means that it is OK if you forget your USMS card- because you don’t need it!
- Please submit estimated swim times for all events.
- Co-ed heats will be created by estimated swim times
- Swimmers can sign up for 5 individual events plus 2 relays
- Relays will be formed on day of race– please sign up on deck.
- Diving-well will be available for warm-up/cool down through-out the meet.
- After the last heat of 500 swimmers, there will be a brief warm-up for 10 minutes in the lane lines. Starting blocks will be available.
- Time pads and computer system will be used with back-up on-deck timers.
- Results will be available on the City of Longmont’s website.
Day of Time Line
7am-7:45am: Day of Registration / Check-In 7am-8:30am
Please Note: Racers swimming the 500 Freestyle must be checked in by 7:45am.
7am-8:15am: Warm-Ups: All Lanes. Lane 6 is designated ‘start’ lane with diving block.
8:15am: 1st heat of 500 Free-Style
8:15-9:15am: Only Diving Well available for warm-ups
9:15am or after last 500 Heat: 10 minute warm-up after 500 ends
Meet begins with 200 Individual Medley!
Order of Events
1-500 Free– 8:15am Start
2– 200 IM– 9:15am Start
3- 100 Back
4- 200 Free
5- 200 Medley Relay
6- 50 Breast
7- 100 IM
8- 50 Back
9- 100 Free
10- 50 Fly
11- 100 Breast
12– 50 Free
13– 200 Free Relay
Random Good to Knows:
- Swim caps and goggles are optional- they are your preference.
- If you are swimming the 500, bring a buddy to help count your laps (and cheer for you of course!)
- Sorry, no swimmers allowed in the pool except registered Winter Sprinter participants.
- Winter Sprinter is geared for adults- this means if you are currently swimming for a high school, this is not the swim meet for you!
- When forming relays- we love funky team names!
- We also love funky team swim suits!
- Sorry, no refunds for special events. If you are on the fence, consider race-day registration.