Adults 55+ are first priority, however, adults under 55 may participate in certain activities, if space is available and/or in certain circumstances. Requirements vary by activity. Contact Michele at 303-651-8415 for more information.
Activities, classes, trips, and events require registration in advance. You may register by stopping by the front desk or calling 303-651-8411, Monday through Friday, or you may sign up for most activities online through our Online Registration System.
Receipts contain additional information pertinent to your activity. Please review and retain for reference.
Payment and Fees
Full payment is required at the time of registration. Prices and fees are listed in The GO Catalog for each activity. The first price is for City residents (those receiving City trash pickup); the second price is for non-City residents. We do offer Scholarships, please call 303-651-8411 for more information.
We will do our best to accommodate your special needs. Please keep us informed as to how we might assist you. Please be specific with your need and write it on your registration form at the time you register for each activity or trip for which you will need accommodation. If you use a wheelchair or scooter on a trip, advance notice is necessary for us to better serve you. Please call 303-651-8415. No staff, leader, or escort supervision of individuals is provided. Companions may participate at customer’s expense.
All Trips depart from and return to the Longmont Senior Center. Check-in takes place in the lobby.
Trips are scheduled on various modes of transit: minibuses, school buses, and coach buses. The style of bus is dependent upon cost, size of group, and time and distance traveled, as well as availability of buses. We always try to be cost efficient and comfort oriented.
Departure times are definite. We do not wait for participants past the designated departure time either from the Senior Center or returning to the Senior Center.
Return times are approximate. Please do not schedule appointments close to the return times; we never know when delays may occur.
- The City reserves the right to cancel an activity if the minimum number of participants has not registered. Participants will be notified immediately A full refund/credit will be given if Senior Services cancels the activity.
- A full refund/credit will be given if the cancellation is received 3 or more business days prior to the activity.
- A full refund/credit will be given for Trip Cancellations if the cancellation is received by the trip's cut-off date listed in the Catalog.
- Cancellations made 1 or 2 days prior to the activity may or may not be eligible for a refund/credit. This is determined on a case-by-case basis.
- A refund/credit will not be issued if the cancellation is received the day the activity begins or after it has started.
- If an individual cancels an activity that was paid for by a scholarship, those funds will be forfeited.
For more information, please refer to our current Go Catalog or call the front desk at 303-651-8411.