If you want access to or assistance with the vast number and kinds of resources available to older persons and caregivers of older adults – this is the place. Staff is available to offer support, information, referrals, counseling, and assistance to older adults and caregivers of older adults.
Information, Referral, & Supportive Services provided by City Staff include:
Information, Referral, and Assistance
- Locating or accessing resources or services (examples may be housing, help in the home, health care, transportation, and more)
- Completing various forms
- Navigating the various other systems of assistance (Medicaid, Social Security, etc.)
- Accessing financial assistance programs for dental, vision, personal care, respite service, and other needs
- If you need help with challenges to make ends meet or to manage day-to-day details of your life.
- Budgeting or ensuring bills are paid through our Money Management Program
- End-of-Life planning
To contact the Senior Services Resource Specialists, please fill out the Resource Inquiry Form or call the Front Desk at 303-651-8411.
For Resource Education Classes, view the latest GO Catalog or call 303-651-8411. Here is a sampling of different resource education programs offered on a recurring basis at the Senior Center:
- Income Tax Assistance (February - April) with AARP Tax Aide volunteers
- Medicare Basics
- Social Security 101
- Long-Term Care Options
- Long-Term Care Financial Planning
- Need Help with Your Heating Costs?
- Reverse Mortgages: Learn the Facts
- Transportation 101
- End-of-Life Planning
Counseling and Emotional Support Services
Brandy Queen is a Licensed Professional Counselor who is available for:
- Individual, Couples, and Family Counseling
- Information and intakes for our Senior-to-Senior Peer Counseling
- Access to a number of support groups including:
- Grief Support Groups
- Adjusting to Life's Changes Support Group
- Caregiver Support Groups
To contact the Senior Services Counselor, please fill out the Counseling/Caregiver Inquiry Form or call 303-651-8414.
Caregiving Supports and Education
Not sure if you are a family caregiver? You might be a caregiver if…
- You pick up groceries for someone you love who can no longer do so themselves.
- You make sure a family member’s bills are being paid (or you pay those bills yourself).
- You have helped someone with getting dressed, preparing meals, taking a shower, or using the toilet.
- You organize someone’s medication for them and/or take them to medical appointments.
- You have a family member who could not live safely in their home without your help.
Whether or not you live in the same home or even the same state, if you help provide care or support for someone you love, you are a caregiver.
Consult with Brandy Queen for information about a variety of assistance for family caregivers:
- Individual or family consultations to discuss care needs
- Caregiver support groups
- Referrals for respite assistance, friendly visitors, home care, personal safety alerts, and more.
- Lunch Bunch (weekly social group for those with early to mid-stage dementia)
- You Can Become a Savvy Caregiver (6-week training for family caregivers of people living with dementia)
- Dementia-Friendly Calendar of Activities
- Information about a wide variety of classes pertinent to caregiving held at the Longmont Senior Center
To contact the Senior Services Counselor to discuss family caregiving, please fill out the Counseling/Caregiver Inquiry Form or call 303-651-8414.
Supportive Services Provided by Local Non-Profit Organizations
- Comprehensive Database of Boulder County Resources - BoulderCountyHelp.org or 303-441-1617
- Boulder County Area Agency on Aging Caregiver Programs - https://www.bouldercounty.org/families/seniors/services/caregiver/
- Home Delivered Meals - Longmont Meals on Wheels
- Lockbox Program (to provide emergency responders easy access to your home) - Longmont Meals on Wheels
- Transportation through ViaColorado - VIA
- Medicare Counseling - Boulder County Area Agency on Aging
- Home Delivered Grocery Service - Cultivate Carry-Out Caravan
- Yard Assistance - Cultivate YardBusters
- Handyman Services - Cultivate Fix-It
- VetsGO transportation program - https://cultivate.ngo/programs/vetsgo
- Veterans Services - https://www.bouldercounty.org/departments/community-services/area-agency-aging/veterans-services/
- Mental Health Services - Supporting Action for Mental Health
- Information on scams, fraud, and more - Boulder County Community Protection Division
- To report Elder Abuse - Boulder County Adult Protection Services
- Dementia-Friendly services and supports:
- Alzheimer’s Association, Colorado Chapter - https://alz.org/co
- Dementia-Friendly Boulder County - https://allagewell.com/dementia-friendly-boco/
- Dementia-Friendly Communities of Northern Colorado - https://dementiafriendlycommunitiesnoco.org/
Live in other cities?
- For Hygiene and Niwot, visit BoulderCountyHelp.org. or contact the Area Agency on Aging’s Aging and Disability Line at 303-441-1617.
- Weld County residents: visit www.weldaaa.org or contact the Weld County Area Agency on Aging at 970-346-6952.
- Larimer County residents: visit https://larimer.co.networkofcare.org/aging/ or contact the Larimer County Area Agency on Aging at 970-498-7750.