During a snow/ice event, we will post road condition updates, Monday - Friday on this webpage. You can also view road conditions at points around town through our real-time Street Snow Cameras.
Thursday, April 11th, 2019 7:39 a.m.
City crews worked overnight focusing on drive and turn lanes. Material was applied and the sun will aide activation. We have a small team out now spot checking our normal trouble areas. Our roads are semi clear or wet in high traffic areas, but are still snow packed with some icy hazards on lower traffic streets. Temperatures are predicted to reach the 40’s today, but the low morning temperatures will warrant extra caution on overpasses, bridges, and intersections. Please drive safely when traveling in the City.
Winter Storm Resources
If conditions are severe, the City Emergency Alert webpage will be launched as the single-point communication hub for all storm related news and updates.
Understand our Goals in Snow and Ice Control.
View our Snow and Ice Control webpages for an overview of the City's goals and strategies, plus view the designated snow routes map. Not every street is a snow route; find the ones near you and plan your best trip.
Follow the Code.
Most residents are required to remove snow and ice from the public sidewalks adjacent to their property. Longmont Municipal Code states that you have 24 hours after a storm ends to clear your sidewalks.
- For emergency needs, contact Public Safety. If you have an immediate, life-threatening emergency, call 9-1-1.
- To report snow route concerns, contact Transportation.
- To report electrical outages 24 hours a day, contact Longmont Power & Communications (LPC).
- To report damaged power lines, contact Longmont Power & Communications (LPC). Note that electric equipment attached to a home, except for the meter, may be the owner's responsibility to have repaired by a private electrician. For details, visit Report a Problem.
- To report downed or damaged trees on City property or right-of-way, contact Forestry. If you have damaged trees on private property, please contact an independent tree contractor.
- To report drainage problems on city streets, contact Water Utilities.
- To report potholes, make a Street Repair Request.