During a snow/ice event, we will post road condition updates, Monday - Friday on this webpage. You can also view road conditions at points around town through our real-time Street Snow Cameras.
April 6th, 2018, 3:30 p.m.
Current forecasts indicate the possibility of freezing rain/snow until approximately 10:00 PM Friday night, with temperatures in the upper 20s. Roadways are currently damp, but no particular slick areas have been reported. We will be monitoring the roads tonight and into tomorrow morning. Saturday’s forecast indicate temps will be above freezing by 10:00 AM, with highs in the mid-50s.
Winter Storm Resources
If conditions are severe, the City Emergency Alert webpage will be launched as the single-point communication hub for all storm related news and updates.
Understand our Goals in Snow and Ice Control.
View our Snow and Ice Control webpages for an overview of the City's goals and strategies, plus view the designated snow routes map. Not every street is a snow route; find the ones near you and plan your best trip.
Follow the Code.
Most residents are required to remove snow and ice from the public sidewalks adjacent to their property. Longmont Municipal Code states that you have 24 hours after a storm ends to clear your sidewalks.
- For emergency needs, contact Public Safety. If you have an immediate, life-threatening emergency, call 9-1-1.
- To report snow route concerns, contact Transportation.
- To report electrical outages 24 hours a day, contact Longmont Power & Communications (LPC).
- If a power line is damaged between your house and the pole, a private electrician should be called for repairs. LPC is not responsible for this repair. Report all other power line damages to Longmont Power & Communications.
- To report downed or damaged trees on City property or right-of-way, contact Forestry. If you have damaged trees on private property, please contact an independent tree contractor.
- To report drainage problems on city streets, contact Water Utilities.
- Report potholes by making a Street Repair Request.