Want to see what conditions look like in town before you hit the road? View the same snow cameras our Snow & Ice Control team uses to get a real-time glimpse of streets in Longmont.
These cameras are components in high-tech weather stations we use to monitor conditions. In addition to imagery, the cameras send data on surface conditions to our Snow & Ice Control headquarters. The stations are located in spots that traffic does not sit for long periods, as that would influence the surface information provided. These locations have been selected to provide optimal data:
- 17th Avenue & Sundance Drive
- Airport Road & Nelson Road
- Hover Street & 21st Avenue
- Ute Highway (SH-66) & Main Street (US-287)
- Hover Street & 3rd Avenue
- Highway 119 & Fairview Street
- Main Street (US-287) & Jersey Avenue (Left Hand Creek)
The Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) also provides real-time cameras to show road conditions around the state. Cameras positioned near Longmont include I-25, Highway 119, and Highway 287.