With over 350 centerline miles of paved streets, it is critical that Longmont take care of its streets to provide a safe and efficient transportation system. The City’s annual Pavement Management Program contracts with private sector contractors for replacement of broken curbs and sidewalks, preventive maintenance such as crack sealing, chip sealing and pavement overlay, and reconstruction.
- Learn more about treatments used and the importance of applying the right one at the right time.
Your Dollars at Work
The Pavement Management Program is made possible through use of the City's ¾ cent Street Fund sales and use tax.
Street projects for the Pavement Management Program are selected based on system-wide needs and priorities. Priorities are established after examining many factors including the pavement condition, traffic volumes, and coordination with other utility projects. The Pavement Management Program is a long-term, strategic effort. Potholes, urgent repairs or basic care activities are performed through the City's street maintenance operation.
- Notice Letter with Street List - ENGLISH (PDF) | Notice Letter with Street List - SPANISH (PDF)
- Learn more about street rehabilitation on Mountain View Avenue and see a map of the proposed changes.
- Notice letters for 2019 are being developed and will be posted once they become available.
The map below shows where crack sealing is taking place. Work will be completed within a month starting May 20th, weather depending.
How to read the Crack Seal map
- The specific streets impacted are marked in green
- Area 1 (in blue) will be the first set of streets in the crack seal program
- Area 2 (in yellow) will be the second group
- Area 3 (in red) will be the last group
What to Expect
If your street has been selected for treatment, you will receive a project notification letter in the mail at least two weeks before work is expected to begin.
In the case of larger projects, as construction approaches, door hangers are also posted on affected homes to inform residents more specifically of the upcoming activities.
If you have additional questions or comments, please contact Transportation.