Fall Leaf Collection
Trash and Recycling
2020 Collection Schedule
|IF YOUR TRASH DAY IS:||YOUR LEAF COLLECTION WEEK IS:|
|Monday|| Place leaf bags curbside before Monday, October 19
|Tuesday|| Place leaf bags curbside before Monday, October 26
|Wednesday|| Place leaf bags curbside before Monday, November 2
|Thursday|| Place leaf bags curbside before Monday, November 9
The City of Longmont offers residents FREE curbside collection of bagged leaves each fall. Know the rules, tips and schedule to be ready!
- Leaves must be bagged (paper or plastic)
- All bags must be out before 7 a.m. on the MONDAY of your scheduled collection week and should be left out the entire week until collected.
- Place bags in front of your house by the curb – AKA “curbside”
- Bags on private property or in alleys will not be collected
- Pick-up free leaf bags at the Waste Diversion Center (140 Martin Street) beginning Oct. 1 while supplies last
- Only one pass will be made through each neighborhood, so be sure to have leaves out before 7 a.m. on the Monday of your collection week
- Any leaf bags put out after the collection day will not be collected by the City and will be the responsibility of the homeowner
- For those that miss the curbside collection or prefer to dispose of leaves on their own schedule,
- The Waste Diversion Center accepts yard-waste all year
- Curbside composting subscribers can add leaves to their composting cart at any time. (No plastic bags please, but paper leaf bags are fine.)
Fall Street Sweeping Operations
In addition to the Fall Leaf Collection conducted by Trash and Recycling, the City's Street Maintenance team conducts a citywide street sweep each fall. Leaf sweeping typically requires more than one trip through an area. Once an area is deemed complete, any additional sweeping will be on an as needed basis once the citywide sweep is finished.