Christmas Tree Recycling
- From Dec. 26, 2018 through Jan. 6, 2019 the City of Longmont will provide four satellite Christmas tree drop-off locations:
- Roosevelt Park - In the parking lot South of 8th Avenue and Pratt Street, by Roosevelt Activity Pool.
- Garden Acres Park - In the parking lot at 18th Avenue and Tulip Street.
- Kanemoto Park - In the parking lot at South Pratt Parkway and South Coffman Street.
- Centennial Park - In the parking lot at Alpine Street and Verdant Circle.
- Please remove all holiday decorations and lights strands from all trees.
- In addition, you can recycle your Christmas tree at the Waste Diversion Center. Most trees collected are taken to the Waste Diversion Center and ground into mulch available to residents. A small number of the trees will be placed in lakes within City parks and nature areas to create fish habitats.
Holiday Wrapping Paper Recycling
- Do not put this paper in your curbside container!
- Wrapping paper is considered a contaminant in the single-stream process due to its high clay content and low fiber content, thus requiring that it be kept separate from all other recyclables.
- Bring your holiday wrapping paper to the Waste Diversion Center, Dec. 26, 2018 - Jan. 5, 2019.
- There will be a specially designated bin to recycle your wrapping paper.
- Please do not include metallic wrapping paper, ribbons, bows, ornaments, tissue paper, fluorescent or dark paper or paper covered in tape (these items are not recyclable).
Holiday Lights Recycling
- Bring your holiday lights to the Waste Diversion Center, December 26, 2018 - January 18, 2019.
- There will be a specially designated bin to recycle your light strands.
- Please wrap each string of lights into a ball and drop them in the appropriate container.
Block Styrofoam® Material Recycling
- Only white foam block #6 is accepted - no foam peanuts.
- Bring your foam block to the Waste Diversion Center year-round.
- Please stop at the attendant’s window and someone will direct you to the special collection bin.
Important: Please be sure to bring a current City of Longmont Utility Bill and identification to show that you are a City resident paying for trash/recycling services.
Holiday Recycling Guide
View the full Holiday Recycling Guide (PDF)
Ver el Guía Completo de Reciclaje para las Festividades (PDF)