The City of Longmont sponsors free paper shredding events every month. Gather your personal, sensitive documents in a box or bag and bring them to the Waste Diversion Center. Whether you have a bag full or a trunk full, no problem, but remember this is only for residents - not businesses. Below is the schedule for the current year:
2018 Free Paper Shredding Event Schedule
- Saturday, January 13, 2018
- Saturday, February 3, 2018
- Friday, March 2, 2018
- Saturday, April 7, 2018
- Saturday, May 12, 2018
- Saturday, June 9, 2018
- Saturday, July 14, 2018
- Saturday, August 11, 2018
- Friday, September 14, 2018
- Saturday, October 6, 2018
- Saturday, November 3, 2018
- Saturday, December 8, 2018
The Shredding Events are held from 9 am - 2 pm.
Shredded material is recyclable, but not accepted in your curbside single-stream recycling cart.
Longmont residents can conveniently recycle sensitive documents and protect themselves from identity theft.
- Note: Please be sure to bring a current City of Longmont Utility Bill and identification to show that you are a City resident paying for trash/recycling services.
- This event is for Longmont residents only; sorry, no businesses allowed, and no walk-up for a fee allowed.
The Waste Diversion Center, located at 140 Martin Street.