Free Paper Shredding Events
The City of Longmont sponsors free paper shredding events every month. Gather your personal, sensitive documents in a box or bag and bring them to the Waste Diversion Center. Whether you have a bag full or a trunk full, no problem, but remember this is only for residents - not businesses. Below is the schedule for the current year:
2020 Free Paper Shredding Event Schedule
- Saturday, January 11, 2020
- Saturday, February 1, 2020
- Friday, March 6, 2020
- Saturday, April 4, 2020
- Saturday, May 2, 2020
- Saturday, June 6, 2020
- Saturday, July 11, 2020
- Saturday, August 8, 2020
- Friday, September 11, 2020
- Saturday, October 10, 2020
- Saturday, November 7, 2020
- Saturday, December 5, 2020
The Shredding Events are held from 9 am - 2 pm.
Why We Have A Shred Event
Shredded material is recyclable, but not accepted in your curbside single-stream recycling cart. (However, shredded material may be included in your curbside composting cart. Add it in a paper or certified compostable bag if desired; no plastic bags.)
Who Can Participate
Longmont residents can conveniently recycle sensitive documents and protect themselves from identity theft.
- Note: Please be sure to bring a current City of Longmont Utility Bill and identification to show that you are a City resident paying for trash/recycling services.
- This event is for Longmont residents only; sorry, no businesses allowed, and no walk-up for a fee allowed.
Waste Diversion Center Location
The Waste Diversion Center, located at 140 Martin Street.