The City of Longmont offers a FREE curbside collection of tree limbs each spring.
- Branches must be placed curbside before 7 a.m. on the MONDAY of your scheduled collection week.
- Don't put your branches out too soon. Municipal code prohibits placing items in the street prior to the Saturday before special collections. Code Enforcement staff may issue notices or citations for branches placed in the street before the scheduled collection week.
- Branches must be stacked. Limbs must be cut up into lengths no longer than 6 feet, and no limb may be larger than 6 inches in diameter. Limbs must be placed into stacks no larger than 3 feet in diameter. Stacks should be spaced at least 2 feet apart so they do not interlock. Piles and limbs exceeding these requirements will not be collected.
- Limbs must be placed in the gutter off the sidewalk, no closer than two feet from any fence, building, or obstacle that would interfere with the pickup of the pile by the loader.
- Limbs will not be collected in alleys or on private property. Even if your trash/recycling collection occurs in an alley, you must place limbs curbside in front of your property for pick-up.
- Only one collection day per neighborhood is made; any limbs placed at the curb after the collection day will not be collected by the city and will be the responsibility of the homeowner. Visit the Yard Waste page for information about year-round drop-off of yard waste.
- Branches that meet the requirements may be placed into curbside composting carts at any time of the year. They must be no larger than 6 inches in diameter and fit fully inside the closed cart.
2019 Collection Schedule
- Limbs will be collected at residences located North of 9th Avenue April 1 - 5
- Limbs will be collected at residences located South of 9th Avenue April 8 - 12