To dispose of large or bulky items that do not fit in your curbside trash container, you can schedule a special, large-item pick up. Large-item collections are scheduled for your regular trash collection day. This special collection service is limited and restrictions apply to the materials and quantities accepted.
Items Not Accepted
- materials and debris produced by contracted services, such as construction, remodeling or landscape services, in or about the dwelling
- concrete, rocks, dirt, or sod
- solid waste produced by home occupations or any businesses
- hazardous or infectious wastes
- dead animal carcasses (other than small pest animals)
- bulk liquids
- automobile or truck bodies, chassis or parts
Reservation & Fees
- Please contact Solid Waste to schedule a large-item pick up.
- Collection fees for large items are applied to your utility bill.
- 1-2 items $60
- 3 items (maximum) $75
Note: Longmont Municipal Code prohibits placing special collection items out prior to the Saturday before your scheduled collection.
Additional Large Item Disposal Resources
City of Longmont
- Free Landfill Drop Days
- Hard to Recycle Items
- Household Hazardous Waste Facility
- Waste Diversion Center
Private Trash Haulers