From February through October, you can dispose of large or bulky items that do not fit in your curbside trash container through a special large-item pick up with the City. Large-item collections are scheduled for your regular trash collection day. This special collection service is limited and restrictions apply to the materials and quantities accepted.
Wonder if your item is accepted? Our Waste Wizard knows (and may have other disposal options as well). Ask our Waste Wizard about your large or bulky item >
Items Not Accepted
- materials and debris produced by contracted services, such as construction, remodeling or landscape services, in or about the dwelling
- concrete, rocks, dirt, or sod
- solid waste produced by home occupations or any businesses
- hazardous or infectious wastes
- dead animal carcasses (other than small pest animals)
- bulk liquids
- automobile or truck bodies, chassis or parts
Reservation & Fees
- Please contact Waste Services to schedule a large-item pick up between February and October.
- Collection fees for large items are applied to your utility bill.
- 1-2 items $60
- 3 items (maximum) $75
Note: Longmont Municipal Code prohibits placing special collection items out prior to the Saturday before your scheduled collection.
Additional Large Item Disposal Resources
City of Longmont
- Waste Wizard - Type in the name of the item and learn what to do with it
- Free Landfill Drop Days
- Hard to Recycle Items
- Household Hazardous Waste Facility
- Waste Diversion Center
Private Trash Haulers