140 Martin St.
Longmont, CO 80501
The Center is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week to drop off single stream recyclables.
The Center also accepts additional materials listed below; these drop off services are only available during regular business hours of Monday through Saturday from 7:30 am to 4:45 pm.
The Center may be closed during severe weather events that make access and use of the center unsafe.
The Waste Diversion Center is closed on Sundays and the following days:
- New Year's Day and the Day after New Year’s
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- President's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day and the Day after Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veteran's Day
- Thanksgiving Day, Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving
- Day before Christmas Eve, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, the Day after Christmas
- Day before New Year's Eve and New Year’s Eve
- Yard waste, including tree limbs and leaves
- Compostable materials, including household food waste
- Single stream recyclables
- Plastic bags
- Used automotive and cooking oil, and automotive batteries
- Shredded paper
- Holiday trees, wrapping paper, and lights, during holiday season
- Scrap Metal
Hazardous Household Wastes
The Waste Diversion Center does not accept household cleaners, solvents, pesticides, aerosol cans, paint, and other chemical wastes. Learn more about disposal options for your household hazardous waste on our Hazardous Waste Disposal page.
Our easy to use Waste Wizard helps you learn how to sort your waste properly, including which items can be dropped at the Waste Diversion Center. Never again wonder if something is recyclable, compostable or destined for the trash. Just type in the name of the item and the Waste Wizard tells you exactly what to do with it (or, in some cases, it even gives you several options). Ask the Waste Wizard about your item >
Customers who pay the City of Longmont waste management fee can dispose of materials at the Waste Diversion Center free of charge. Please see the Items Accepted section above for list of materials to bring to the Waste Diversion Center.
- Note: Please be sure to bring a current City of Longmont utility bill and identification to show that you are a City resident paying the waste management fee.
Customers who do not pay the City of Longmont waste management fee can only dispose of tree limbs, branches, leaves and grass at the Waste Diversion Center for a fee. All other materials will not be accepted. The fee rates are based on material size.
- Full-Size Pickup Truck-level bed $35
- Full-Size Pickup Truck-top of cab $40
- Mini Pickup Truck-level with bed $30
- Mini Pickup Truck-top of cab $35
- Cars / Mini Vans-regardless of how full $25
- Full Size Vans-regardless of how full $35
- Vehicles and Trailers not listed above $20 per cubic yard
This site accepts only cash or checks.