Trash collection and disposal services are provided to all single-family and many multi-family homes in Longmont. Please review these collection guidelines to ensure best service.
When to Place Your Carts Out
View our Collection Schedule webpage to determine pick-up days for your services.
Be sure to have your cart(s) at the curb by 7 a.m. on your scheduled collection day.
Where and How to Place Your Carts
- Containers must be placed at the curb or designated side of the alley by 7 a.m. on your scheduled collection day.
- Place containers in the street in front of the curb near the corner of your driveway with the handle side facing your home.
- Alley collection customers: place containers on the designated side of the alley for collection.
- The arrows on the lid should face toward the street or alley.
- On very windy days, it's OK to place your cart sideways (with the handle side into the wind) to prevent spills before the collection truck arrives.
- Make sure the containers are in the street and not blocking the sidewalk.
- Containers must be at least 3 1/2 feet (or approximately one container width) from objects on either side, including parked vehicles, mail boxes or fire hydrants.
- Leave a minimum of 2 feet (or approximately one container width) between your trash and recycling or composting containers when both are placed out for collection.