Important Notice: Please Comply with Statewide Stay at Home Order

Visit our coronavirus page to stay up-to-date on the latest information and resources.



Download our mobile app, and never miss trash day again!


Manage your Waste Services subscriptions & submit help requests online.

Private Refuse Collection Service License

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


City of Longmont Municipal Code 6.101 requires licensing of all private hauling companies operating within the City of Longmont that collect, transport or dispose of discarded materials (garbage, recyclables, compostables, construction and demolition materials, or landscaping materials). Licenses expire annually on December 31. If you intend to operate inside the city of Longmont, you will need to apply for a license.

Hours of Operation

Collection is allowed between 5:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. on Main Street (US 287), one block on either side of Main Street from Highway 66 to Highway 119 and on all streets south of 2nd Avenue and west of Main Street in the MI, CDB, CR, C, BLI, GI, P, PUD-C and PUD-I land use zoning districts.

Refuse collection in all other areas is allowed only between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday and from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Sunday.

Annual Reporting

Through a partnership with Boulder County, haulers and companies will report their collected commodities through Re-TRAC. The reporting forms can be found online at Please follow the instructions in the Waste Hauler Reporting Guide, which also contains links to YouTube videos should you need additional help, to report the amount of municipal solid waste, recyclables and compost collected. No paper forms will be accepted this year. All data reported to the city shall be treated as confidential commercial documents under the provisions of the Colorado Open Records Act, Section 24-72-201, C.R.S., et seq.


The company must provide a policy or certificate of liability insurance covering all vehicles listed on the application. The insurance policy must be issued by an insurance company licensed to do business in Colorado and providing liability and other coverage in the amount and type required by applicable state statutes. Send proof of liability insurance with license fee to City of Longmont.

Apply for a License

Please follow the steps below to receive a new or renewed hauler license:

  1. Complete and print the application and self-inspection form.
  2. Calculate your license fee. The license fee for a private refuse license is $25.00 per year or any fractional part thereof for the first truck and $15.00 per year or fractional part thereof for each additional truck.
  3. Send your application, license fee payment and proof of insurance to the address below. Please make checks payable to City of Longmont.

City of Longmont
Sanitation Division
375 Airport Rd
Longmont, CO 80503

License Approval

Upon receipt of your application, self‐certification form, proof of insurance and payment, your Private Refuse Collection Service License will be issued. With issuance of your license, you will receive the appropriate number of windshield stickers for your vehicles.

Amended Application

An amended application is required when additional vehicles need to be included in the license from the ten in the original application. Please fill out and print the amended application form. Mail the form with the additional license fees and proof of insurance to the address listed in the Apply for License section.

If you have questions, please contact Waste Services.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer

View Full Site