Services and Programs
- Protect people and structures from flooding, which is a serious threat to Longmont.
- Develop master plans for drainage basins in the city.
- Develop floodplain maps with specific information about the flooding risk in each basin.
- Rehabilitate and improve existing stormwater facilities that have deteriorated or reach the end of their design-life.
- Issue Floodplain Development Permits within the city to manage development within the regulated or effective floodplain.
- Work on drainage improvement projects that are designed and prioritized to provide cost-effective flood protection.
- Projects are financed through monthly residential and business stormwater rates.
- Work to protect and maintain the quality of streams, rivers and other vital water resources including irrigation ditches
- The city's stormwater drainage system connects directly to the St. Vrain Creek. Protecting stormwater quality keeps our waterways healthy and preserves wildlife habitat.