Divisions and departments across the City rely on the support of volunteers for a variety of projects and programs. If you are interested in contributing to your community and making Longmont the best it can be, visit our volunteer pages (Iisted below) and find something that suits your interests and availability.
- Boards, Committees and Commissions: serve on a City board, committee, or commission and help develop policy that guides City decisions
- Friends of the Longmont Library: support the library through donations and volunteering
- Longmont Public Library: volunteer at the Longmont Public Library
- Longmont Downtown Development Authority: volunteer for the annual Festival on Main event
- Longmont Museum and Cultural Center
- Parks, Open Space and Trails: volunteer for one-time or ongoing programs through our JoinUs volunteer portal
- Parking Volunteer Patrol: educate the public about disability parking laws and occasionally issue citations
- Public Safety: get to know your local police officers and firefighters
- Recreation Services: our Recreation Services team always needs your help with events, and these are great opportunities for families, adults, and teens.
- Rhythm on the River: be a part of Longmont's largest public event each summer
- Sandstone Ranch Visitors & Learning Center: Scenic historic homestead turned visitor center. Help is needed during open hours, staffing tables at events, or even helping with or leading a workshop or class on history, art or wildlife if you have the background.
- Senior Services: the quarterly catalog for senior events and activities, GO, lists a variety of volunteering opportunities especially for seniors
- Youth Services: learn about the Longmont Youth Council and the City's internship programs
When you volunteer, you give part of yourself--your time, your talent, your energy, your heart. In the process, you acquire valuable skills and practices that are useful for other aspects of life. No wonder a 1999 University of Michigan study showed that people who volunteer generally live longer!